1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Ultra / R4ir4ultra.com is the card I have, need help with firmware

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by realguy88, Nov 22, 2011.

1. realguy88

realguy88 Member

Hello, new to the site and working with this old ds card. R4 Ultra / R4ir4ultra.comLatest: v1.55Updated: 2009, I'm trying to figure out what firmware to install to get the new Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 to work? I have tried to install a bunch of Woods r4 and can't get them to seem to work. I get dldi not suppored, I had AKAIO 1.8.6a.R4U on and it works for all games up to like 5300, Can't get the latest games to work. I can't seem to get -RetroGameFan Multi Cart update to work on the card. any help would be appreciated.

2. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

use waio 1.39? hopefully it might work and also load waio 1.39.nds http://www.mediafire.com/?a5vnj6rfw9l0q2w

3. realguy88

realguy88 Member

I'll give it a try, and tell you the results.

4. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

ok hope it works and remember load waio 1.39.nds (NOT mine officialy made by Calo3productions!) and the load your game

5. realguy88

realguy88 Member

Well no good, I load my firmware which is r4 revolution for DS v1.54 then try to load any of the waio or woodr4 .nds files and the load to the new firmware but all the nds game files will not work. sit at loading screen others won't let me select any game and Waio 1.36.nds one give following error
    "init fat succ
    fat0:/games/5625 __lego star war
    s iii - the clons wars.nds
    load (fat0:/games/5625 __lego st
    ar wars iii - the claone wars.nds
    )fail"

6. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

try waio 1.39.nds?

7. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

it wont work because r4ultra is an acekard clone and not r4/dstt clone. but the real akaio wont work either since it has anti clone measures so no clone can use it. so you will just have to wait for a new firmware update. and use patches to play the games

8. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

download rgf multicart update and ues ysmenu (dstt version) since r4 ultra is a dstt clone or use wood for dstt

9. realguy88

realguy88 Member

thanks for the help, well i will have to go back to the AKAIO 1.8.6a.R4U file I had, well does any one know how to modify the new akaio files to work? anything that i can do to try modifying it thanks.
    if not I'll just have to wait.

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

no possibillity of new akaio working. they have anti-clone measures... try rgf's multicart update. that should work...

11. realguy88

realguy88 Member

i tried all of his updates no luck, can't get any to work. well i guess that i'll have to get a new card then. thanks for the help anyways. can someone suggest a good card that should have updates for a long time?

12. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Try reading this guide before going shopping : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43005.0