1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Ultra can now use Akaio 1.8.1 firmware

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by OldandGrey, Dec 2, 2010.

1. OldandGrey

OldandGrey Member

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

interesting, seems like r4ultra team ported akaio to work on the r4 ultra, because in the akaio website they dont mention anything about the r4 ultra

3. NYman

NYman Well-Known Member

Weird.

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

the r4ultra can suck it

5. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Normmatt better not sees this.

6. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Lost my Acekard last week, now with this R4i ultra cracked version I can run AKAIO on my old card :D Best part about it? Using the exact same SD card with no reformating, I can use AAP as well as Soft Reset properly. Can only guess the R4 Ultra hardware was slightly better than the AK2i HW which I had!

7. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

Oh em Gee.

im grabbing an r4 ultra!

Not.

8. iluvfupaburgers

i hope normat doesnt stop doing akaio because of this

9. sylar1000

Sadly he probably will because of this bullshit. The R4 ultra team can't fix shit themselves for their shitty version of a flashcart, so they have to resort to stealing other people's work.

10. KevInChester

You do realise that it was the original Acekard team that created the R4 Ultra don't you? ;)

11. sylar1000

I do now. In that case maybe this was intentional and Normatt won't get all mad.

12. iluvfupaburgers

true, but akaio is not from acekard.

13. nunoedge

nunoedge Member

From what I've seen is only for R4i Ultra and not R4 Ultra or am I mistaked?

14. OldandGrey

OldandGrey Member

Nope, it also works on the R4ultra .. I have tried it for myself and everything seems fine.

15. jikijiki

jikijiki Member

I still cant play Golden Sun DD , if anyone can with an R4 Ultra please help!!

16. OldandGrey

OldandGrey Member

Just make sure you switch the 'AP bypass' option and it should work fine ... it does on my R4ultra.

17. jikijiki

jikijiki Member

Where would i be able to find the AP bypass option?

18. OldandGrey

OldandGrey Member

In 'Default Patch Options' inside 'System Options' ... press 'Start' button to access the menu then select 'System Options' ... ;)

19. KevInChester

the r4 ultra was made by acekard and the original menu was coded by acekard. the r4 ultra is a rebranded ak2i. norm did indeed make akaio 1.8.1 work on it, by the request of team acekard. any reasons other than that are none of the business of the general public. its up to norm to give reasons. i'll just confirm that it is official.

-another world

20. nunoedge

nunoedge Member

Use a 1GB or 2GB microSD card, it worked for me and I got r4 ultra with Akaio :)

8GB card didn't work...