1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4 trouble

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lizzie47, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzie47

Lizzie47 New Member

:-\..have an r4 having trouble loading games on it is a 4gb card compatable with the r4 ? i had one with a 2gb card and it worked well.???? when i have gone through loading games onto the micro card then put the card int o the r4...it just shows"loading" any ideas...
    Thanks Lizzie :'(

2. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Does its say R4 Upgrade, SDHC, etc.

Original R4s are not SDHC compatable

3. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

The original R4 will not play a microSD card over 2GB

4. Lizzie47

Lizzie47 New Member

Thank you..i suspected that...will get another 2GB SD tommorow and take this one back...thanks all again,for speedy replies been tearing my hair out for over an hour with this..lol.. :-[ bit new to these things had the ds given so its been a walk in the dark !!! ::)

5. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Probably be better in the long run to keep the 4gb and order an Acekard 2i. I got one, with shipping and a 4gb SDHC it cost £17 :)

6. Lizzie47

Lizzie47 New Member

whilst i am here ::).....its my grandaughters ds.....she is a young seven and a half...can any of you good folk recommend some good games,educational or fun for her,she likes build a bear,mario brothers,draw to life ..that sort of thing..not keen on finding hidden things and gets bored quick with tetris type games... ???
    Post Merge: [time]1264620828[/time]
    Thank you that sounds good,and good value,will the Acekard be ok with the nintendo ds lite ? if so where did you get yours ? are they easy to come by, sorry to sound bit dim,all new to me is this ds lark ..

7. biscuit106

biscuit106 Active Member

KevIn Chester
    I have an seven and half old too. She enjoys Imagine Ballet Dancer, Club Penguin Elite (you will need to download the 1.19 kernel for this game), Puffin Island Adventure, Cooking Mama and Science Papa,Ringling Bros - Asian Elephants, Mario Kart and the two Shaun the Sheep games. Hope this helps, it does keep her quiet and occupied when we are driving long distances in the car.

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Ysmenu will help with some games on the original R4 card

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=27617.0

9. Lizzie47

Lizzie47 New Member

Thank you Biscuit106....ill check those games out..

To Jhon592....huge thank you to you..i followed you link,and managed to finally get the ds up and running...what a cracking forum this is.. ;D ;D ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.