1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 to Acekard 21 - Worth it?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zFlea, Mar 16, 2010.

1. zFlea

zFlea Active Member

Hey, I've had my R4 DS for quite some time now, it's real, not a clone.
    Recently with the release of HG/SS I've been reading around and have come to the conclusion that my R4DS may be outdated.
    So I'm thinking about making an Acekard 2i purchase, and was wondering if you guys recommend it?
    I may be getting a DSi, but probably not in the near future.

Also, if I ordered from Digimartz, does anyone know how long it would take to get to Toronto?
    Any help is appreciated!

2. flashjump

flashjump Member

no point getting DSi. Not worth it imo. i also have R4DS. the original one. im also planning on buying acekard 2i or cyclods evolution or whatever. havent decided.

in my opinion zFlea. i would just buy the acekard 2i. i also live in toronto and it probably will take maybe 1-2 weeks shipping. not sure though

3. zFlea

zFlea Active Member

Thanks for the reply, I think I'm gonna buy it tomorrow.
    Do you know pacific mall?
    That's where I got my R4 originally and I think I might check it out to see if they have this card.
    It's a sick mall for modding and stuff like this, I got my PSP modded there too. ;D

4. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

I was using R4I RTS and then I had some problems with GTA Chinatown Wars (U)

I started patching and I find the game doesn't work properly anymore.
    so I decided to buy an Acekard 2i. I did and by mistake I received 2 Acekard 2i cartridges
    (lucky me) I put on the AKIO firmwire and I started to play games without any problems.

Sometimes it can happen that the AP of a game kicks in and the game will not work on Acekard 2i
    lucky for us users AKIO updates its loaders and if they do we can play games again.

I hope this cleared things for ya

5. Slixer

Slixer New Member

I also had this exact train of thought recently with so many games being extremely annoying to patch and such that I thought of getting an Acekard too the problem is I purchased my R4 DS from a local shop back when the law was so tight but recently the crack down on such retailers in my area was rather annoying, living in the UK I'm unsure were online to purchase it from.

Anyone know a reliable online vendor that ships to the UK ?

6. zFlea

zFlea Active Member

Yea, all this AP stuff is getting tedious so I'm gonna look into it today.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is well worth it to switch from the R4 to the Acekard 2i or 2.1.

I would suggest the 2i as it can play on ANY DS, even the new DSi XL. :)

And by ANY DS I mean from the original to the newest one.

8. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

http://www.all4consoles.co.uk/acekard-2i.html

9. jenocide

jenocide New Member

http://www.gamekool.com/ also ships internationally.
    I've purchased twice from them before. Believe they have an Acekard 2i in right now for about $15 and no shipping (look under free shipping zone).

10. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Wow I live in Toronto too lol Thanks for the replies guys

11. zFlea

zFlea Active Member

Made the purchase just now, thanks for the replies!
    Now, does HG/SS work fully on this card? Even past the 4th gym??

12. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

From what I've read Acekard has a firmware that bypasses it I think

13. yezboy

yezboy Member

The R4 is a classic. It is the best and will always be? Acekard 2 is just one of its many children that has blossomed.

14. zFlea

zFlea Active Member

Sick! Although I doubt it will take 2 weeks for the patch to come out, at least I'll for sure be able to play it now!

15. ShadownetSpy

ShadownetSpy New Member

As a DS lite user, do I need the Acekard 2i or can I just get the Acekard 2 with working firmware for HG/SS?

16. anthonypopo

anthonypopo Well-Known Member

i just bought a acekard2i for my ds at pacifc mall

17. Griev

Griev New Member

how much?

18. anthonypopo

anthonypopo Well-Known Member

me 2 dude
    Post Merge: [time]1268786988[/time]
    50 $ for acekard2i,2gb and a usb reader the owner didn't have one in the case and said he not surpose to have one in the case so i demanded one hmm AND horray 13th annervisery at pacific mall! the theme is circus there was cotton candy and all thosee other games

19. zFlea

zFlea Active Member

hahaha man that sucks
    I love pacific mall though, I get all my mod stuff there
    I got my R4 there.
    I remember a long time ago, I got a GBA game that had like 180 games in 1, and it was so cool. (they were all nes games :p)

I bought my Acekard 2i today though, from digimatz for around $25 CAD including shipping, but without an SD card.
    I probably would have payed 50 to have it today, cuz I have to wait 2 weeks for mine. :'(

20. Jack4505

Jack4505 Active Member

I have an R4 ultra and now am getting an AceKard 2i. I was going to get a Cyclods evolution but then I saw how popular AceKard 2i was and then got it.