1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 SDHC v1.34 w/ YSMenu

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Tice, May 17, 2013.

1. Tice

Tice Active Member

Hello Romulation community!

To start off, I understand about poor Micro SDs and firmware and junk, but in my case I have no particular idea what's going on with my flashcart,(R4 SDHC v1.34).

This is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

The major problem is that it seems it can't run Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 and some other minor ones, with YSMenu. The changelog says that it can run a clean version fine, but whenever I attempt to play I get a whitescreen. Before you bombard me with hardware issues, let me tell you that newer games, like Pokemon White 2, run PERFECTLY FINE for me!

The weird thing is that DQMJ2 is older than Pokemon White 2, yet it doesn't even run?

So, I was wondering, if maybe anyone with this elusive flashcart help me on playing this game?
    And even if you don't have it, can help point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Well, it's quite possible you are using a patched ROM for DQMJ2...

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Ysmenu should run all clean games only.

Yes as sed check if its not a pre patched rom.

4. Tice

Tice Active Member

Thanks for responding guys!

As said, I already tried a clean rom, but I just tried again just in case I was wrong. It didn't work, and I tried both a CLEAN version of both the 'U' and the 'E' releases. Both result in a white screen. Both also came from emuparadise, and were ripped by a person named 'SUXXORS'. And to even further try to see if it was just me, I tried it on both my R4 SDHC's, one that had JUST the latest YSMenu and the game, and the other with some other stuff, and both failed to get past that white screen.

The funny thing is that I can get the jap release to work successfully.

5. Jhon 591

As a tester try deleting created save and try again.

Sometimes usd micro sd chip, not bean fragmented, as in good format using Panasonic sd formater , that could also cuase while screens.

Are try a diffrent microSD, if you don't wish to format other . (Note) if do backup first though.

So time ago I had no issues playing this game on ysmenu, but I had an original R4 card.

6. Tice

Tice Active Member

I just tried formatting it like you suggested, added ONLY my firmware and YSMenu's firmware over it, added in ONLY the game, and now it says "savfile not founded"!

I tried looking up a way around this error, such as renaming it to lowercase, no spaces, etc, and even tried woodR4, which STILL results in a whitescreen!

I also tried 3 different micro SD's, 2 were the same brand and build while the other one was completely different.

And thanks for your help John! If you have any more suggestions, I'm willing to try out more methods!

7. Jhon 591

" added in ONLY the game, and now it says "savfile not founded"!"

Not give an option to create a new one ?, like press A , are somethink .

I don't think your original card kernal also has had an update since game 5500 - Zombie Daisuki(J)

http://www.r4sdhc.com/down.asp

8. Tice

Tice Active Member

Actually, it hasn't been updated from game 3000 something :p

However, with YSMenu I can run alot of newer games, so my official firmware doesn't seem to be an issue.

And yes, it says to create a sav, but then right after it says that is can't be founded.
    I checked on my computer and there is a sav file there though!

9. Jhon 591

OK ^, I decided to download your original kernel/firmware and custom it.

Seams extinfo.dat and infolib.dat latest had to go into the _PATCH folder , and savlib.dat _system_ folder , also r4patch.dat needed updating 0x000067E8 00 E0 3F 02 00 E0 3F 02 -> 00 E0 3E 02 00 E0 3E 02 this should prevent freeze at 75% loaded, as extinfo ex seeded it limit of 900 titles, this fixes it.

You can use parts of ysmenu files listed above to fix your original kernel ;)

Anyway here it is to try.

R4 SDHC v1.34 to -> English-1.35Custom

http://uploadmirrors.com/download/BEZZQDR2/English-1.35Custom.rar

10. Tice

Tice Active Member

The error now says "r4didl.dat error!"
    however, I can now see cheat options of some games that currently didn't have that option...

And that's amazing how you can customize things like that! I wish I knew how to do that :p

11. Jhon 591

They are two places where r4didl.dat are at, one main folder and one in _systems_ folder .

Don't know why the r4dldi.dat was filled with FFs in hex. main folder

Maybe copy / paste one from _system_ folder to main folder / first page .

Unless you had one in the kernel where you downloaded it from, then use that one and copy / paste to both places .

Just toying about over the years, no harm in it and find intresting fixes. ;D

I also updated the usrcheat.dat xd.

12. Tice

Tice Active Member

okay, so here's some tests I made and what affected what:

Using the r4dldi.dat from the _system_ folder:
    it says "r4didl.dat error!"

Using the one provided in the main folder from my main kernel says the same thing

What I noticed is that the one in the _system_ folder is very small, at 97Kb, but the one in the main folder is a whopping 4mb.
    So, maybe the _system_'s one is supposed to be that small?
    I tried using the r4didl.dat from the YSMenu thread, and it passed the error but stopped at "savfile not founded!" again.

13. farcry31

farcry31 Well-Known Member

Tice

download RGF TTMenu/YSMenu v6.99 http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-retrogamefan-multi-cart-update-699-f31964.html

unpack that and use folder R4SDHC YSMenu and try that , that is firmware for CARTS FROM WWW.R4SDHC.COM (v1.34 KERNAL)

14. Tice

Tice Active Member

Yeah, I already tried that about a few hours ago,
    That's what gave the "savfile not founded!" error in the first place...

15. Jhon 591

I think I see what the 4MB ones is do wing , same as TTMENU.sys for ysmenu , writing game and sys infomation into it.

Although on their behalf, badly named to use two diffrent types as same name.

Did you download your main kernel from that site, are a diffrent location ?.

16. Tice

Tice Active Member

I downloaded it from the YSMenu thread.

Should I be using the one from the site?

17. Jhon 591

I taking about not ysmenu, but where you got your original firmware/kernel , same site / other site location ?.

Besides, the patched version of this game, can run on PC emulation quite well vr no$gba through no$zoomer , if all fails.

18. Tice

Tice Active Member

The original kernel came from the site, yes.

Then I switched to your version when you told me to test it out.

And yeah, if everything fails I might just wait until I can get a better flashcart or whatever!

19. Jhon 591

http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-sdhc-rom-loading-failed-r4didl-dat-error.220048/

Maybe RGF could be of help.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/page-137

-----

One last thing maybe a full format of micro SD I mean completely wipe clean in fat32 format , then add the custom firmware from fresh.

Very sorry, But i'm out of ideas.

All the best with geting somethink sorted.

20. Tice

Tice Active Member

Though unsuccessful, Thanks for all the help you can John!

You guys are great mates!