1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 SDHC upgrade won't work properly

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mossley, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mossley

mossley New Member

Hello everyone! I have two R4 SDHC Upgrade revolution for DS and they doesn't work properly. At first it coulds not find save file so I changed SAV to sav. That worked but the games take forever to open up. With my second cart it will not goes past the R4 load screen.
    I have tried R4i_Englis_V1.12b & R4i English V1.15b. Neither works well with this cart. I have bought the same cart before and used the R4i_Englis_V1.12b without any problems but this last batch does not seem to work. Is there anything I am over looking

Thank you to everyone in advacne for their help!!

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Are you using the same make of microSD for both R4 SDHC cards

You could try formating the microSD in fat32, backup games and saves first though

The website on the box is always the kernal for it, possable bad card, are see if any overlap't solder inside of card pick it with needle

3. mossley

mossley New Member

I will try to format the micro SD. The Micro SD is a kingston 4gb micro sd HC class 4. this is what they sent when I placed the order. I have tried the web site for the kernal. the whole batch is doing the same thing. I will try the formatting of the micro sd first.

4. Jhon 591

All kernals for all cards http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

5. mossley

mossley New Member

I have downloaded the right kernal I think. It still takes forever for the save file to be created and then it takes a couple of minutes for the game to load. I have never had this problem before. Once everything has loaded I can play the game but this issue happens repeatedly even after a game has been played & saved.

I will try a diffent kernel from linfox and hope it works, if not I hope I can return these because I have never had this happen with any of the other ones.

Thank you for all your help. It was very much appreciated!

6. Jhon 591

If it has not happend to your over cards, then it is that one, Mabe try anuther make, mabe acekard2 for ds or ds lite and acekard2i for dsi

I hear it the best sofar, but i don't have one i can not realy say

http://www.acekard.com/

7. Lomaha

Lomaha Well-Known Member

I have had the same problem with microcards from Kingston - when I bought a Sandisk instead it took care of the problem.

8. mossley

mossley New Member

I will try the micro scandisk.

Thank you for your help!!

9. Mozzzzii

Mozzzzii Well-Known Member

I have two R4 SDHC Upgrade cards as well and had a multitude of 2gb / 4gb / 8gb cards, (Integral, Kingston)

any 2gb worked fine, but the higher SDHC cards had major slowdown.

im afraid i cant offer a solution to your R4 problem, but i used the same 4gb / 8gb SD cards in an Acekard 2i and they load & create save files almost instantly and load games almost instantly as well.

Im pretty sure The R4 Revolution Upgrade is just not that forgiving with what type of Micro SD Card you use where as the Acekard 2i seems to be so much more able to cope with different types.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.