1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 SDHC help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dq9, Apr 4, 2010.

1. dq9

dq9 Member

I can't get Pokemon SoulSilver or Sonic Classics to work on my R4 SDHC. I am at the most recent kernel (1.34) and for Pokemon I used the patch that just recently came out. I don't know to much about using the R4 so any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. chris_c66

chris_c66 Member

As far as I am aware there are no patches for these games on this card. There are for an original R4 but not your clone. There are a number of threads that seem to say you can make the (U) versions work if you use the 'Pandora' program which you have with your firmware (basically a YSmenu version) but I've had no luck so far. So waiting for another firmware release...

3. dq9

dq9 Member

What exactly is the Pandora thing?

4. chris_c66

chris_c66 Member

It's basically an alternative YSmenu firmware for your cart but running as an nds program - dont know if it's been moded from the dstt 17a.12 doing the rounds
    Post Merge: [time]1270342411[/time]
    Havn't tried this though yet http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=38508.0 give this a try as well with clean (U) roms
    Sorry no luck looks like for original R4 again...

5. dq9

dq9 Member

When I go to load Sonic with YSMenu I get an error saying "Disk errcode=83"

6. MangaRx

MangaRx Well-Known Member

Ahem, http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=34997.0. This will work. Just get a pre-patched

7. dq9

dq9 Member

I applied the patch and it didn't work. It got the same error with YSMenu that I did with Sonic.

8. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Isn't Sonic Classic Collection a DSi Enhanced Game?

And once you download the patch for Pokemon, extract the contents and read the README file.

9. dq9

dq9 Member

I did that. I dragged a clean rom over the .exe and put the .nds file on my R4 SDHC.

And I wouldn't know about Sonic. You guys are the experts.

Do you guys know what errcode=83 means?

And thanks for all the help so far!

10. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

No.
    You can download it off Romulation.
    It has anti piracy.

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, it is DSi Enhanced. Seph just hasn't removed it from the site (he might not, since it'd be a lot of work for a little gain).
    It is DSi Enhanced not because of any features it has with the DSi, but because it was developed using the DSi SDK and not the DS SDK.

12. wafflox

wafflox Member

I have an R4 SDHC as well. I can't get it to work. I've tried pandora / cheat injection / everything. It just black screens. Augh.

13. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

On YSmenu = Load Rom Error code=-4

14. dq9

dq9 Member

Is there a reference somewhere where we can go to see what those errors mean?

15. dq9

dq9 Member

Hey does anyone have a solution? I've been searching and I can't find anything!

16. eaithegrimreaper

eaithegrimreaper Well-Known Member

My R4 SDHC doesn't work either. I'm sure I have the same one ths guy has. I don't understand why certain patches work for almost every card and seemingly not this one at all.

17. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

works fine on my r4sdhc with this firmeware http://www.r4sdhc.com/r4sdhc.asp
    Post Merge: [time]1270604287[/time]
    used a pre patched rom and it works

18. dq9

dq9 Member

I wasn't able to load it with that firmware using pre-patched.
    Post Merge: [time]1270611611[/time]
    Ok, I got Sonic Classic Collection to work using this thread: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=38725.0

I still can't get Pokemon to work. It's still hanging after my character shrinks. I've tried unpatched, prepatched, and patching my own roms. Any ideas?

19. jonnald

jonnald New Member

mine worked fine with 1.32 + prepatched rudolph rom. I dont know what firmware im using now but its got ysmenu in it(as in, the nds that you can load if ya want to), but i downloaded THAT from the warioware fix thread (for the r4 clones)

20. dq9

dq9 Member

I tried the fix and still got the black screen in Pokemon.