1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 SDHC for DS Lite: How to load directly instead of clicking "Star Wars"

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by frankbernard, May 27, 2010.

1. frankbernard

frankbernard New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have an R4 SDHC for the Nintendo DS Lite(came in a gold box with red text) and pretty much looks like the one here: http://r4sdhc.com/r4tsdhc.asp (I also have the R4i English v2.10T03 kernal downloaded)

When I put it in my DS Lite, it shows "Star Wars Lethal Alliance" as the game inserted. I know many of you are going to say that it shows up this way because it needs to bypass the DSi's 1.4 firmware or something like that to work. However, since I simply have a DS Lite (and not a DSi), is there any way for me to downgrade or do anything so that it loads directly into the R4 menu?

Or if anything, how can I make "Star Wars Lethal Alliance" say something else like "R4"? I hope I don't sound too picky, but I just wanted to know what options or methods were available to deal with this. Thank you so much in advanced for all those who answer.

2. Mahglazzies

Mahglazzies Member

You have that card as well?

So do I. I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question, but for some reason the V2.10T03 kernel isn't even WORKING for me. It gets stuck on the "Loading..." screen despite being properly installed (at least to my knowledge). Not to answer a question with a question, but did you have to do something special to make this thing work?

At the least I'm bumping this thread, right? xD;

3. superkru1969

superkru1969 New Member

Howdy dudes! It sounds like you're both missing a file. Kernel v10T04 was just released today, so you may want to update it. Here's the instructions from the site. Connect the TF card to PC with the USB card reader; download the relevant language kernel file folder from the disk or www.r4sdhc.com. For each language kernel file, there are three directories of "moonshl2", "moonmemo" and "R4iMenu", and three kernel files of "_DS_MENU.DAT", "_DS_MSHL.NDS" and "R4.dat". Copy all the directories and kernel files to the root directory of the TF card.
    So that's 6 items total you should have. Also, make sure your cards are freshly formatted or they won't work right.
    Good luck!

4. Mahglazzies

Mahglazzies Member

Thanks Superkru, I'll try it out right this instant. I downloaded the necessary file and for some reason "_DS_MSHL.NDS" is not included. What do I do about that?

EDIT: I tried snagging the "_DS_MSHL.NDS" from the 1.34 kernel I was previously using and with all the files it still didn't work. My R4 SDHC only works with the 1.34 kernel for some reason and nothing else. Do I need a different "_DS_MSHL.NDS" or what? Why wouldn't they include it with the v10T04 kernel download?

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can turn on the Auto Boot to slot 1 option on your DS Lite. Just go to the Options (bottom button that looks like the DS).

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

what he said