1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 SDHC Dual-Core update problem

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by sjasogun1, Jan 21, 2012.

1. sjasogun1

sjasogun1 Member

I've been having problems with my R4 SDHC Dual-Core White (the white isn't in the name but that's how it's distinguished from other SDHC)
    [​IMG]

The official website is r4isdhc.com with the downloads on r4isdhc.com/download_white/

The kernel is currently version 1.38, and it comes with two firmware update files (that don't seem to work for me) called fwupdate_for_3DSV2_SDHC.rar with the subtitle
    "R4i Dual-Core V1.43 Upgrade Firmware" and
    fwupdate_for_3DSV3_SDHC.rar with the subtitle "R4i Dual-Core 3DS V2.0.02 Upgrade Firmware"

The problem is that this thing doesn't read any 3DS games. It runs on the 3DS fine, better than any replacing firmware I've managed to track down (stuff like WoodR4 won't even work), but 3DS games are out of it's league.
    Somehow the only thing the two fwupdate files will do is cease doing anything after starting, staying at 'Erasing data 0%'.

What can I do to get this thing up and running?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If you meant by "3DS GAMES" ; the 3DS ROMS, then really you're going nowhere, since no current flash carts can run any 3DS roms. All flash carts that run/work on 3DS consoles only play NDS and NDSi roms not 3DS roms.

Edit:
    Wood R4 and YSMENU (both are secondary firmwares) aren't compatible with your cart as its not supported by them.

3. sjasogun1

sjasogun1 Member

Ok, I searched around a bit and I got the updates working, but both of them can't run Pokemon White or Pokemon Black. Also, they seem to be completely seperate from the normal 1.38 kernel. Which should I use?

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Of cause WoodR4 and YSMENU is completely separate from the cart's kernel as after all like I mentioned earlier; they are secondary firmwares. But, as far as I know they don't work on your cart; unless otherwise they (YWG and RGF) has added compatibility for it, which I haven't heard they did.

Well, if YSMENU/WoodR4 work on your cart....which I'm very unsure it does, but if it works as you claim; then just make sure to use a clean/unpatched Pokemon Black and White. As for your question about Blaze and Volt, I'm not sure if the latest v.3.1 updated fan made's game ID had been added to the .DATs, or not in v.6.73 RGF's YSMENU or v.1.43 YWG's WoodR4.