1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 SD card Corrupted help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by reaver_x, Mar 26, 2010.

1. reaver_x

reaver_x New Member

ok i recently downloaded the YSMenu for my R4 that supposedly was supposed to fix the problem with pokemon HG/SS freezing. I loaded up my R4 no problems and went to the YSMenu. i went to load up the game and it said "cant load up NDS file"(or something like that). So i decided to reboot my R4 and when i did i got the got the message couldnt find DS-MENU-dat file. Lucky i have my files backed up on my desktop so i could replace them back in should something like this occur, however when i checked the contents of my SD card i noticed nearly all the files have been corrupted and i cant delete them off my disk. here is an image if the contents of my SD card:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7012/sdcard.jpg

i hope to god this is not a virus but i have a gut feeling it is. If anyone has any idea how i can fix this please tell me!!!!!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It's not likely a virus. But it could be (if you downloaded something from some random site, there is a chance.)

You should format your MicroSD and reload all your files, hopefully you have a recent backup.

3. khairaj08

khairaj08 Well-Known Member

also if you cannot format on your current computer try to format on a different computer

this happened to me a few days ago and i had to format on a different computer

4. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Use Panasonic Formatter

5. XeNo - A.K.A Steelez

XeNo - A.K.A Steelez Well-Known Member

your card might need defragmenting

6. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

NEVER defrage flash based storage as unlike hdds, they will break after x amount of writes. Simply copy everything of, formate and then recopy them back on.

7. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

You could've gotten a bad firmware.. Like I did with Coverflow/DSision3/DScovery. It kept corrupting my shit over and over.

8. flashjump

flashjump Member

dude. your sd card is corrupted. that has happened to my friend a couple times. im sorry to inform you but, you just lost everything that was on that card. you have to format it to fix it. but you cannot get all those games and save files back.