1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Revoution won't play new downloads.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dsuser003, Jul 31, 2012.

1. dsuser003

dsuser003 New Member

I have an R4 Revolution for the NDS and had no problems using it a couple of years ago. However, after digging it out of the cupboard and trying it out with no problems, I decided to try some newer games. I updated the fimware to the latest version (1.18) but none of the games I"ve downloaded will work. The games that were already on the micro SD card work fine.

I've tried moving everything off, formatting the card and moving everything back on but this didn't solve the issue. The R4 sees the games and even displays the icon for the game on the menu screen but I load the game and just get a white screen.

I've looked through the forums but can't find anything about this particular issue with this particular card. I've tried a few different games and none will work but all display different things. e.g. black screen, "the save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the DS card".

Any help gratefully received.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The R4 original firmware was dead long ago.

You need to upgrade to WoodR4 v1.50 if you have the R4 original revolution.

Here is the PG - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

Get: Wood v1.50 for R4 Original/M3 Simply

Hope this helps :)

3. dsuser003

dsuser003 New Member

It has been a few years since I last did all this stuff! Haha.

Thanks Jhon 591 for the quick reply. Do I just delete my old firmware and put Wood v1.50 on, then job done?

4. Jhon 591

Yes, Backup your games and save's content first though

Then deleate are format microSD, (Note) only original R4's can only take upto a 2GB microSD

Extract content of WoodR4 files to root of microSD, replace latest games , and if you like some of your old with saves.

PS: Your welcome.

5. dsuser003

dsuser003 New Member

That has done the trick. Old and new games work fine but my old saves aren't being read despite being on the card. Is there a certain place they must be saved to allow them to be read by the game?

6. Jhon 591

Sorry i forgot about this

Do you know how to use your PC file extention ?

If its enabled, Rename your save's to the woodr4 format, to

.nds.sav

normal saves are just .sav

7. dsuser003

dsuser003 New Member

Scratch that, I've solved the problem. If anyone does have this problem I changed the save file name from a .SAV to a .nds.sav file and now my old saves work fine.

EDIT: Wrote that just as you replied to my previous post Jhon 591.

Thanks again mate. You are a star. :)

8. Jhon 591

No problem thanks for leting me know you solved it :)

Your welcome mate all the best in your Gameing ;)

PS: Check the site once a month for reglure updates!.

EDIT: They is hardly a Game WoodR4 can't play xd!