1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Revolution SDHC with YSMENU language problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by padster101, Mar 25, 2010.

1. padster101

padster101 New Member

Hello everyone, bit of a noob on the forum here (and with ds carts in general), but reading through the other posts on here, I thought I'd ask the experts.

Originally couldn't get some games to work on my R4 Revolution SDHC running firmware 1.29 so reading through the threads found that I could get round this by using YSMENU. I managed to track it down and got it working, the world was fine.

I then decided to upgrade the firmware to 1.31 (the copy I downloaded had YSMENU already in the zip file) so I installed this, the world got even better, more games worked. Even the cheat codes were in english.

Now we come to my problem, for some reason all the cheat descriptions have reverted back to chinese and I cant figure out what the hell I've done. (did go through all the files podging random ones to see what they'd do). I've tried re-installing 1.31 from scratch but nothing seems to make a difference.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers peeps.
    Post Merge: [time]1269549543[/time]
    Its OK, I managed to fix it by replacing the USERCHEAT.DAT file with one of the many others i had lurking around on my PC.

Cheers for looking.