1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Revolution question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by phil72565, Jun 28, 2011.

1. phil72565

phil72565 Member

My question is that i had a r4 revolution card working with my dsi xl until i was dumb and upgraded the firmware on dsi and now it no longer works. I originally bought r4 card loaded with games and worked fine until i screwed around with the firmware. I can read micro card and saw folder with games and roms. i also saw files DAT files to make games run. Is there anyway i can get these games going again?
    Any Advice Please//

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Your issue is similar to this person : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=55709.0

Your DSi must have been upgraded to v.1.4.2. Only difference is your cartridge. His is TTDSi, your's is an R4. (You should post the name of your R4 cart as there are many types of R4 carts in circulation)

Your possible solution:
    1. Identify what R4 you have (see the label on your R4 cartridge body)
    2. Identify what firmware its running (check through your PC and locate it; or try remembering about it)
    3. Locate the latest upgrade for that R4 (an upgrade that say something about ability to work on DSi v.1.4.2)
    ** Try Google Search : type the name of your cart and and add "fix for DSi v.1.4.2" **
    4. Download that upgrade if available (if there isn't any then either wait for one to be release or buy new cart)
    5. Borrow someone else's NDS/NDSL/DSi (that is not yet upgraded), use it to do the R4 upgrading

-Or-

Simple solution is to buy another cartridge that already has the ability to run on DSi v.1.4.2 though it does cost money. A good advice I can give is that next time, upgrade your R4 cart before upgrading your DS. Don't do the other way around cause this is what happen when you do.

3. phil72565

phil72565 Member

my files on micro disk are called DEMON0749KB SYSTEM FILE AND R4DAT. im sure they were renamed all the others are the nds roms and .savs files. thank you for help! i did upgrade to v.1.4.2 on ds... i should have never screwed with it, call it a learning experience

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

What's the writing on the body of the R4 cartridge?

Then go to Google Search and look up for the fix by typing : R4xxxx fix for DSi v.1.4.2
    ** Fill the xxxx portion with the name of your R4 cartridge, e.g. R4i-SDHC, etc.

Cross fingers, maybe there's a fix for it. But if there is, you will still need to borrow someone's DS to assist the upgrading process.

5. phil72565

phil72565 Member

thanks for all the info. as recommend i purchased a R4i Gold 3DS card. after i get the the new r4i card should all i have to do is transfer the sd micro card to the R4i Gold 3DS?

6. viccie211

viccie211 Well-Known Member

You need to cut or copy the roms(*.nds) and savegames(*.sav) from your old sd to your new SD card.

7. phil72565

phil72565 Member

Thanks for the help