1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Revolution needs new firmware!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Juiceblue, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Juiceblue

Juiceblue New Member

Hi guys! :'( :'( :'( :eek: :eek: ??? ???

I received an old R4 card from a mate and it had no SD card in it. (It has R4i Revolution for DS and the sticker is black and the writing is a light gold color)
    I have a DS Lite.

After about 2 days of trying to find the right files for a boot loader i have managed to find one that works with some games.
    So what is working is r4 revolution firmware 1.32. downloaded this from a website with the rar named ENGLISH.zip

So my question is there is no newer firmware for this for 2 years now, and 1 game i want to play (Pokemon White 2) when i press A to start it, it just sits on a white screen.
    But if i load Mario kart, it goes to a white screen for a sec then the game loads..

I hope someone could give me an idea what firmware will let me upgrade so i can play the newest DS games on my DSLite.

Cheers in advance.
    Post Merge: [time]1389760289[/time]
    The only pokemon game that manages to work is Heart Gold
    The ones i have tried that sit on the loading screen or a white screen are;
    Pokemon White 2
    Pokemon Black

I have spent 20 hours on a pokemon white 2 game which i want to continue to play (it was played with a different r4 card and different SD card, but kept the save file) the game is Pokemon White 2 (USA) (Mawile) (PREPATCHED).nds
    I really want to be able to load a firmware that will let me continue this game...

This is a pic of the r4 card i have[​IMG]

2. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Go to the website listed on the card

3. Juiceblue

Juiceblue New Member

i have. there is no newer firmware.
    Ive seen wood around alot, do you know how i am able to upgrade to that?

4. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

[​IMG]

5. perry GU

perry GU Guest

It seems an old card. i only have a r4i gold 3DS but don't have this kind of card. why don't you buy a new r4i gold 3DS ? it's a great card.

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The cart as mentioned in the OP's first post isn't one that can use WOOD R4. It probably could use YSMENU.

**NOTE: OP changed the original image recently. The new image isn't the same as the previous one. Somehow I think the OP isn't posting the correct image, the website also probably wrong, thus could be misleading.**

Probable cart;
    1. R4i Revolution for DS from r4isdhc . com
    2. R4i SDHC Revolution for DS
    3. R4i Upgrade Revolution for DS

7. leslielee

leslielee New Member

maybe your card is out of date, so you cant find the firmware to update it, maybe you need to buy new one.

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

He knows it's out of date. Good suggestion, it's the easy way out.