1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Revolution for DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Kealeo, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Kealeo

Kealeo New Member

Hey, I am thinking about buying a R4 DS, and I want to know some information about it first. First of all, I want to know if the English version works for a North American classic Nintendo DS. Second I would like to know an average price for one. I have seen a wide range of prices, and I want to know what is good. Third I want to know what would be the best Micro SD card for my R4, where I can get a Micro SD, and also an average price for a Micro SD. Also, with an English R4, can I use a Japanese Micro SD card, such as a Kingston TransFlash 2GB Card.

2. Paperbag51

Paperbag51 Active Member

Whats up, First of all i bought my R4DS about 2 months ago and am super happy with it.
    1) Yes it should be compatible.
    2) i paid like 40-50 dollars for mine... Bought it from Sky2k.com Very good website very trusted and pretty decent prices.
    3) From what I've heard Sandisk is the best MicroSD thats what im using also, Bought mine off Amazon for 20$ alot of other places I've seen sell them for 20-45 dollars so i thought it was a pretty decent deal.
    4) And lastly im not totally sure on this so don't quote me here but im pretty sure that a jp sd card is compatible so there shouldn't be any worries there. but would be helpful if someone could back me up on that.

Good luck and hopefully you'll love it just as much as i do.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

on point 4, any microSD 2GB and under will work, the Japanese ones are regarded as the best because they have the fastest read/write speeds and thus encounter fewer problems with more demanding games such as castlevania.

4. Kealeo

Kealeo New Member

Thanks for replying so fast and that really helps. I am looking at R4 Multimedia Card English with Kingston TransFlash 2GB Card for $65.00 USD. Do you guys think that is a good price? BTW I live in Canada, but the exchange rate right now is almost equal.

5. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

If that includes shipping, then it's alright, yes. Kingston 2GB MicroSDs go for about $15-20 as a base minimum, and a good price for the R4 is $40 or so before shipping (that's what mine was). Add those together and that's $55-60 before shipping. If the shipping is decently fast for the other $5, then yes, go for it. On the other hand, if it doesn't include shipping, I'd say to wait. ...That, or just get the R4 without the SD and get the SD itself elsewhere.

6. seether05

seether05 Member

Im using a japanese microSD and it works great

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I bought mine a few weeks ago, $112 for the R4DS and a 2GB Kingston micro SD. (NZ$)
    As far as i know R4DS is compatible with ALL ds and ALL micro SD work fine.
    Though as mentioned above the JP micro SDs tend to be faster.

8. Kealeo

Kealeo New Member

One more thing. If I download ROMS, and then create a save file, does the save file take up any more space on the SD card. If so, how much more space does it take up?

9. davisito93

davisito93 New Member

10. awfreak

awfreak Active Member

hey there K

im in canada too -- atlantic provinces.

where are you getting the R4 + kingston 2 gig for $65 ?

best i can find is in Toronto - $95 for the same pack BEFORE Shipping......

jb

(local 2gig kingston cards are $49)

11. NiteKnight

NiteKnight New Member

Well, since the R4 factory closed down in Hong Kong or something, The prices have kind of rised a bit, so my suggestion is that you get an M3 Simply.

12. awfreak

awfreak Active Member

DECISION MADE

THANK YOU ALL WHO HELPED OUT

THE WINNER IS: CycloDS EVolution

Now, to find a microSD 4gig card with a random access rate of 0.6-.8ms

it's always something, hahaha

13. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I'm from Canada and I got mine from Deal Extreme. Well... I ordered mine from Deal Extreme. It's not here yet - or even shipped yet. There was free worldwide shipping which is great and it was around $35 I think.