1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 problems

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by beemermtec, Jul 1, 2011.

1. beemermtec

beemermtec Active Member

Hi all, ive recently noticed my R4 card won't work , on my dsi it says no card loaded . Iv'e checked the micro sd and the files are on there but no joy.
    Maybe i need the latest firmware ? . Ive saved all my games but deleted my card .
    Can some one tell what i need to do next because iv'e tried to install Wood but all i get to is iLivid !! no further .Ive read many posts about the installation but being a numpty i'm getting bogged down with it all .
    Any help would be a god send . cheers .

2. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

R4 is only for the ds phat and the ds lite, not for the dsi

3. beemermtec

beemermtec Active Member

Sorry i meant to say DS lite . Hope somebody can tip me in the right direction . :(

4. Akalakawak

Akalakawak Well-Known Member

If your DS won't read the card its not a firmware problem, your card finally gave in to all the abuse lol

There is no fix for that, you'll without a doubt need a new one. And If you live in Los Angeles I sell them :p lol.

I recommend www.lightake.com they sell authentic AceKards, as well as R4s. Good luck getting a new cart.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Last try, Give the pins on the card a clean with a cotton bud, Maybe dust over the years.

6. Akalakawak

Akalakawak Well-Known Member

True that might fix it as well. try that first.

7. beemermtec

beemermtec Active Member

Tried all avenues with no joy so a new Acekard it is then . Thanks all for the help. ;)

8. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

format your SD card and download the latest firmware for your R4 , wood 1.32 (i think ),try again .....or go to get another card, Ak2i or Supercard DStwo is a good choose !