1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4 problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by colbyrichards, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colbyrichards

colbyrichards Member

last night i was at work and i had to take out my r4 card out of my ds and now ever since i put it back in they freakin ds wont recognize my r4 card. i tried the "paper trick" and that didnt work and im not sure what to do. i also re installed all the os files onto the r4 card and still it wont work. any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

the save in ds system got you blocked.buy new system

3. colbyrichards

colbyrichards Member

what do u mean?

4. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

theres memory in ds system that you can download demos.and sometimes when you download rom has extra file that goesa in spot of that memory so it did that your system is no good for ds carts.real carts play not hacked carts

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I've never heard anything about that. I'm assuming Colby has a NDS or NDS Lite, not a DSi. When you start your DS, does it just say No Card in slot 1?

Try gently blowing out the Slot 1 slot of your NDS and making sure the pins on the R4 are clean and free of any oils (like from your skin).

6. colbyrichards

colbyrichards Member

ill try that and let you know in a sec....

*seconds later*

still doesnt detect R4. and by the way im using a DS Lite.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Sometimes just re-inserting and trying over and over again should work.

8. colbyrichards

colbyrichards Member

ive been reinserting it over and over again for 2 days...

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try testing it on another DS.

10. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Try blowing a little to Slot-1.Then,re-insert your flashcards.Turn it on.If it's not succeed,do it for few times with blowing the Slot-1 before re-inserting.

11. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

your ds is no good i go to my friends gamestore and alot of ds wont work then i tried it on new ds it worked so get new stuff.

12. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

How are you so sure it's his DS, it very well may be his R4.

13. colbyrichards

colbyrichards Member

ok well i tried blowing in slot-1 and it didnt work. then i tried taking the battery out to do a hard reset of the system so it would go back to factory settings and still didnt work.

14. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Try more paper.

15. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

try cleaning the contacts on the card?

16. colbyrichards

colbyrichards Member

i tried more paper and cleaning the contact on the card with a q-tip. and still nothing. i email the website i ordered it from so hopefully they might replace it. they are looking into it. better hurry i want it by the time kingdom hearts comes out lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.