1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Pokemon Diamond / Wii Pokemon Ranch

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by aimeelou49, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aimeelou49

aimeelou49 Member

Hello

I've read through all the stickies to try and solve my son's problem but to be honest I don't even know where to begin. As far as Ds's and Wiis are concerned I don't know my Arm7 from my elbow. I hope I've put my question in the right section.

He has just bought Pokemon Ranch from the Wii shop and was hoping to put some Pokemon in there from the Pokemon Diamond that he has on his R4. However, when he tried to do this he just got a blank white screeen on his DS and the TV displayed a message saying the 'Nintendo DS could not be found.'

Is this to do with his settings, or is it simply that it won't recognize an R4 card and he needs the original Pokemon game to do this?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It could be the later-ranch may block out "fake" games...

I need to try with my pearl/diamond games to test it for myself, but even if there was a work around, since there is an update for it it might just block out your r4'd platnum for good...

Get the real thing anyways-nintendo needs some of our money so they can keep making this stuff-I still do XD even though I have tripled my collection since I came here XD

3. aimeelou49

aimeelou49 Member

Thanks mds64,

I think you may be right. He just tried it with Pokemon Pearl (also on the R4) and exactly the same thing happened. He did actually have the original Diamond and Pearl but he's lost them both - that'll teach him!

4. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

he lost them? BOTH? ouch. what i do to keep my games safe, is keep them all in a specific space in my cabinet when i don't use them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.