1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 original on 3DS

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Magicboys, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Magicboys

Magicboys Member

I'm not sure if there was a topic of this already made if so sorry.

But I would like to know before I F up my 3DS i just got will my R4 original work on my 3DS I know it wont play 3DS games (nothing will) but I'm wondering more of A. will it brick my system or B. will it just not work? thanks.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It won't work, and there is a possibility that it will brick your 3DS. Do not try it at all costs.

3. Magicboys

Magicboys Member

Ok thanks for the info good thing i checked up on it first before doing something i would regret :D

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I don't think they are allowed to do that.

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

What isn't allowed to do that? Nintendo?

6. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

They are.

But while your card won't work, the bricked console threat seems pretty empty so far.

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Ok. Well the card wont work either way. Bricked or not bricked, the card is for a DS

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they can't legally brick a device.

9. darkrequiem

Maybe not in countries with a better handle of these laws than the U.S., but sadly here, it's likely they can do whatever they want with the software (which they still own) in one's device, including "rendering" it useless.
    Not that this matters much because they seem to have lied about bricking systems.

10. Loonylion

US law does not allow them to intentionally render a device useless.

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

That's the US. What about Australia, Europe and those countries with less stricter laws

12. darkrequiem

No, but it does allow them to make the OS 'unusable' via removing it all legally. Not many courts have actually challenged their ToS, even when the same threats were made with the Wii. There is no clear rulings for this whole thing and I doubt many people came forward with their bricked systems, so it's not easy to tell the legality of these silly threats.

13. Loonylion

europe has stricter laws than the US, they can be fined for even threatening it here. (intent to commit criminal damage)

it's criminal damage either way, therefore illegal. the console is your property, if they do anything to intentionally render it unusable they have committed a criminal offence.

14. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Ok. Besides for Europe though, it is probably possible in some other countries. And Nintendo probably has something like 'We are able to render this device useless if illegal activities are done with it' in their licence.

15. shredc0re

shredc0re Guest

Probably. I mean like, in countries that don't have alot of rules concerning this topic Nintendo would do that.

16. Loonylion

They cannot override the law in their license agreement. That sentence would constitute a statement of intent, opening them up to fines in countries where intent is considered a crime. Additionally, EULAs are not always legally enforceable.