1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4-Original Help

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Dark Infernape, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

I have an R4 Original wich came with a 2gb memory card....
    Here is a pic, just in case....

[​IMG]

I know R4 Original only supports 2gb, I tried 4gb and 8gb memory cards myself (just to be sure :p) and it didnt work...

Now my doubt is: Is it possible to expand that 2GB limit of my R4 so that i could get a 4GB memorycard to work on it??
    The 4GB memory card i am trying to use is Micro SDHC....The 2GB i am currently using is just 2gb MicroSD

Any help in the matter is much appreciated...Thanx in advance...

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If you are thinking of making it run 'SDHC' SD Micro cards, it's not possible. Not even partitioning the SDHC card will work.
    SDHC cards are those above 2GB. Those below 2GB are not SDHC.

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

It's is possible to get a rare "NoN SDHC" 4GB microSD chip .

But very few and far between.

As long as it not sdhc type it should work.

4. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Thats sad news....so i need to get a new flashcart to have a bigger memory....
    OR i have to search for a 4gb MicroSD which is pretty rare and went extinct a long time ago.... :p

Anyway thanx for ur help both Jhon 591 and prectorian....You replies were very helpful...

5. BootlegGreg

BootlegGreg Member

or just have a few 2g cards and swap as needed,
    you can organize as needed that way too.
    my son has a card just for movies,

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Yes good idea you can do this , have a few 2GB microSD with woodr4 v1.56 and diffrent game on each chip ;)

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

to expand on the answer to your question, SD and SDHC are different technologies that differ at the hardware level. SDHC is not and cannnot be backwards compatible.

8. jute

jute New Member

Ummm can you help me download the latest firmware for this Cart i also have one but i don't have the firmware to run the latest games