1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 original card - help with new games

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by philthewizzard, Mar 28, 2013.

1. philthewizzard

philthewizzard New Member

Hi I have an original R4DS cart, I have been using it for a few year now, I have recently downloaded some new roms and bought a new 2gb micro SD card, the new games won't load, I see them in the directory but they won't load the game goes to a white or black screen. If i put some older roms on the sd card they play.

I've tried both the R4DS v1.18 firmware and the wood R4 1.57 one but there is no improvement.

Games like new super mario bros works but games like moshi moshling monster zoo, wreck-it ralph, cars 2 etc won't load.

What could be wrong?

Thanks.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I have an R4DS cart original

Works fair well with either woodr4 v1.57 are YSMenu build.

Maybe check quality of Micro SD chip, are make sure it's not SDHC type.

Are format the Micro SD with it bean new, might need an format be for hand.

----

Are here is my YSMenu build for R4 original revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)

http://uploadmirrors.com/download/1MM0H2CS/YSMenu_R4_v6169.rar

Backup files Games / Saves, Clean format Micro SD chip, And extract these files onto the Micro SD chip: Place games and saves in NDS Games folder.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Almost forgot, Make sure Micro SD is formated in FAT32

3. philthewizzard

Hi, I've checked my card as I can't seem to get wood R4 1.57 working on it the games still show blank screen.

My card says it's an R4 SDHC. so not the original I thought it was, can someone help?

Thanks.

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

@philthewizzard,

You'll need to use a version of RGF's firmware.
    You can find it here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

Instructions:

1. Download the file from here.
    2. Extract it.
    3. Format your MicroSD. Make sure you make a backup of the games and saves etc.
    4. Copy the files from the "R4SDHC" folder you downloaded to the SD.
    5. Copy the games and saves over.
    6. Put the SD into the R4, put the R4 into the DS, turn it on, and start playing ROMs.

5. philthewizzard

Hi Xenirina, do you mean copy the files from the R4SDHC YSMenu folder? Is that all I need to copy onto the SD card?

Thanks.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Simply copy that to your R4 SDHC card and it'll run.

Of course, you'll need to copy the games and saves to play those!

7. philthewizzard

hi i've tried this and the kernal won't load. the nintendo splash comes on i then see it saying loading and just get left with a blank dark screen.

I couldn't get the English - 1.34 R4 shdc fw to load either, got the same dark black screen?

What could be going on?

Thanks.
    Post Merge: [time]1365111960[/time]
    I've also just tried R4III_v3.13_English.rar for the R4III shdc and that won't load the kernal either, with this the screen freezes at the loading text, white on a black background.
    Post Merge: [time]1365112740[/time]
    if someone can tell me how to add a picture i will add a photo of the card?

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

To re get your original firmware, did it not come in a box with website on it ?

You could take a look a round on Google, try a few combernations, until somethink works.

No matter how many times you have to format microSD.

9. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Looks to me you haven't any clue to what your cart's proper name is. You could have simply jot down the whole whatever wordings as it is according to the label on the flash cartridge sticker. Make sure to post the full name as it is, this will help members trying to help to direct you down proper advices. Otherwise you'd cause people to try guess what your cart is, which could be bad. And don't go trying random files on your own without prior consultation / pose proper knowledge, remember that you don't have a clue about what you're suppose to do, so don't stray unguided just because you aren't patient enough. Make sure you'd kept a back up copy of your original files found in your SD Micro prior to your random actions. If you haven't, it might proof fatal if you'd accidentally overwritten a critical file by mistake. Which could render your cart into various problems.

If you wish to add an image of your cart so that members here knows exactly what it is, you'd need to do these steps;

1. Take a picture/photo using whatever means is at your disposal (webcam, phone cam, digicam, etc.)
    Make sure the image is sharp/clear.
    2. Place the image anywhere in your computer (it can be .jpg, .png, or whatever common/compatible file type)
    3. Go to either http://www.imgur.com or http://www.tinypic.com (there are other free image sharing site, use which ever you prefer)
    4. Upload your image to the site (free of charge)
    5. Wait until upload process completed and itself generate a "BBcode"
    6. Copy the 'BBcode" to the post you're making in this forum
    7. Done

Note:
    A proper BBcode looks something like this below:

Code:
    Format : [IMG]website link[/IMG]

Example : [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xKOMD4T.png[/IMG]