1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4 not recognising new games

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by brissy, Apr 30, 2010.

1. brissy

brissy New Member

Hi, can i please have help with my r4, what is happening is any new game that i download it opens up the game and loads it but then comes up with an error message saying "the save data could not be accessed please turn off the power off and reinsert the ds card". I have deleted everything on my card and formatted it and reinstalled the software but it still says the same thing. Can anyone please help and tell me why this is happening and how to fix it. Thankyou

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I think most new games have Anti-Piracy which varies from random freezes to those save file problems. Patching the game usually helps. What game are you currently trying to play?

3. Nunuhaza

Nunuhaza Member

how do u patch a game is there a universal way to patch them?

4. brissy

brissy New Member

well at the moment it is How to Train your dragon, but it is every new one that i download, and i am not very up on how to patch
    Post Merge: [time]1272622740[/time]
    Just a question could it be my r4 as it is about 1 - 2 years old now, should i buy new one and will that fix all the problems

5. Stanley Richards

It does not matter about how old your R4 is, its the firmware. You should update your firmware to the latest one depending on the type of R4 that you have. As R4 has MANY MANY MANY clones, you have to be 100% sure before you install a firmware.

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

That is a great website with all of the flashcarts firmware.

---

What game do you want to patch? Lets take for example Zelda: Spirit Tracks. That game has Anti-Piracy which renders you unable to control the train. So you look around google for a patch, Follow the simple instructions, put it back to your flashcart, and play.

6. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

If you buy a new R4, the problem will still occur. But if you buy some other flashcard, like Acekard2i or CycloDS, the problem will be solved.

7. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

8. Stanley Richards

Not really. Its mostly firmware updates that help.

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

You could attempt to solve their problem instead of entering every topic where somebody has a flash card issue and telling them to buy another card. Just a little obnoxious after the 15 thread.

Also;

^That. It sounds like he is probably using either the wrong firmware for his card, an only slightly compatible firmware, or files are missing from it. Always make sure 100% that the firmware you are getting is for your cart. When it comes to the multitude of R4 clones, it isn't easy, but it can still be done.

If you absolutely can't find which firmware, you can upload and post a couple of pictures and I'm sure somebody here on RomU will be able to point you towards the correct firmware.

10. Stanley Richards

^Agreed. He should post some pictures. Someone here must have a good eye for spotting 'em clones.