1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 + Moonshell crash

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by kankerzooi, May 31, 2010.

1. kankerzooi

kankerzooi Well-Known Member

Okay hello,

before I begin I'm a female, as you may know, and i'm not into techy things and links to certain websites that discribe how to do stuff in english words and an english difficulty I do not posses.

Right what has happened:

I am using YSmenu, a combination of Moonshell ( for my music ) and for playing my games.

For some reason when I try to load a game OR and Mp3 file ( moonshell ) it is stuck on LOADING. It has been annoying me lately, that I decided to throw it off and go back to the original Moonshell. But then still I need DS_MENU.dat and for some reason that seems to bug me. It took me 3 hours to follow the guide of YSmenu to make it work.

I do not feel like doing this again, and I read somewhere there is a new WOOD ( wood? rofl ) thingie firmware for R4?

I'm confused and need your help to get me out of this mess. I would like to play games again and play my favorite music on bustrips ( 2 hours without music each day sucks )

/cuddles and /love

Sarah

2. electromakumba

electromakumba Well-Known Member

Well then, just make me a sandwich.

Which flashcart do you use? From what you said you changed the DS_MENU.dat file.. Does games loaded in "normal" way (w/out YSMenu) work?

3. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Of, first of all, we need to find out what type of R4 you have. What does it say on the label?

4. kankerzooi

err R4DS I assume >< it's the cheapest one with a small card!

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

What he means is, is it an original R4DS or a clone?

6. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

sarahzelda,
    Does it look like this?I mean, not the color but what is written on it.

7. Fredbox

Yeah, we need to know this so we can tell what firmware you should use.

8. kankerzooi

Yes that is the one! Sorry for the late reply I was kinda... in the bar :)

/hugs

9. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.msg730923#msg730923

Download the Wood firmware Version 1.08 for the original R4DS

10. kankerzooi

I just installed it. I'm kinda confused but I putted everything in the root folder. I like... picked out all the UI / Cheats etc maps and put it on my DS + the MENU.dat thingie. Now I can see it's empty but I see a SLOT 2 thingie which is obviously my GBA thing. Can I play GBA games with this or should I order a 3in1 thing?

If yes how? And I assume I put games and music on it now? Do I still need MOONSHELL ( in other words, do I have to put moonshell in the root aswell? )

So many questions I know

/hugs
    Post Merge: [time]1275520118[/time]
    Sorry for double post, but I cannot see the name I gave to the folder, background is totally black

11. Fredbox

The ui and cheats folder, they should stay in the _rpg folder, along with everything else in the _rpg folder. The _rpg folder should be on the root of your card.
    The slot-2 thing is to boot whatever is in your slot-2. To play GBA games you need to buy a slot-2 flashcart (eg the EZ 3in1).
    To play music you need moonshell. But if you don't want to play music or watch videos, then you don't need to bother with moonshell. If you want moonshell, get this one and follow the instructions with it. As for the background problem, I think that's because you mis-placed the ui folder.