1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Malfunction

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dsistheman, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsistheman

dsistheman Member

Hi Everyone, i have been using R4 for about 4 months now and it has been working fine.

Yesterday however i managed to bang my DS against my Bedroom Wall.

Now whenever i attempt to run my R4 i get a black screen with the messge SD/TF Card Error

I have tried my DS using other games and it works fine, however it will not run my R4.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

2. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

Lol i think ill get in before you get flamed about R4's being rubbish(which i can assure you they are not)
    Youve proberly broke it then, try formatting the Memory card first and then but all the software and games back on it then try again.
    If it still dont work, i would buy a new R4(III is absolute awesome)

Hope i helped ;)

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try taking the microsd card out and putting it back in, it may have been knocked out of alignment with the contacts

4. dsistheman

dsistheman Member

thank you both for your help

5. Shitok

Shitok New Member

Hello everyone........Lately my R4 card cannot function very well.....Whenever I want to run my SD/TF in PC,it never come out on My Computer and when I open my R4 in DS,the screen stays black with the LOADING text in it.Can someone help me?It will be great if I get help from you all.....

6. Loonylion

it sounds like your microsd has died, try replacing it.

7. Shitok

Shitok New Member

Can You suggest me which microSD is best to use?

8. Loonylion

kingston or sandisk

9. dsistheman

dsistheman Member

just to update everyone, i eventually had to format my Sd card, therefore losing all my games. luckily i had them saved on my computer, however i lost all my save files from the games i had been playing for hours.

everything working well now, however i may buy TTdsi card as i am t hinking of buying a DSI

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Go for Acekard 2i then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.