1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Loading Screen

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dr Grip, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Dr Grip

Dr Grip Member

I accidentally deleted my original R4 files (_DS_MENU.DAT, etc.) the other day when I tried to upgrade kernel in order to play Black and White. Unfortunately I did it incorrectly and my R4 simply gets stuck in the Loading screen. I'm trying to find the original firmware but it seems my R4 might be a clone. This is exactly what the card looks like:

https://ggizmo.com/200-1084-thickbox/ndsl-r4-revolution-3-sdhc-microsd-tf-multimedia-flash-cart-for-nintendo-ds-ds-lite.jpg

Unfortunately the website on the card doesn't work. Any ideas which firmware to use? I'm trying all the ones I can find but to no success. Thanks in advance.

2. tekken179

tekken179 Member

i would say the site on your card is related but it went down long ago... hmmmmm

3. Dr Grip

Dr Grip Member

I found that supposedly "branch" of R4 in the list here, which is "R4 SHDC". I tried the latest firmware from there but the same thing happens which is getting stuck at the loading screen. Not to mention the files inside are different from what I originally have from the flash card. The original files on the disk were:

_DS_MENU.DAT
    _SYSTEM_ folder
    moonshl folder
    and possibly some other stuff.

Post Merge: [time]1299603869[/time]
    I just downloaded the oldest version of firmware from that list and it worked!