1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 King LL 1.41, wiped for good?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by ladybug, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ladybug

ladybug Member

Hey.

So today I downloaded a FIFA '11 rom onto my flashcard for my brother. When he went to create a .SAV file he told me that a message popped up with "Error" and a combination of numbers and letters, so he turned the DS off manually. After switching it back on and loading the card the screens were white. I checked the little flashcard thingy on the computer and the entire thing had been wiped and replaced with a single 'file' of 0 KB called "ttds".
    This isn't a problem in itself because I've backed up the card on my computer, software, games and all - it's when I try to copy and paste this across into the flashdrive it said "The disk in this destination drive is full" and, after trying to delete this lone ttds file and exhausting that message, now it says "Could not replace or create moonshl2: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I downloaded some English V5.08 thing from the official website and that won't work either; when I try to copy/paste it says "Cannot copy R4KING: The file or directory is corrupt or unreadable."
    Okay, from where I'm sitting I'm not holding high hopes for ever getting this card back up and running again. However, if anyone has any ideas or (hopefully) knows exactly what to do, or even can just confirm that this card is indeed no more, then that would be greatly appreciated.

2. ladybug

ladybug Member

Help please? :)

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Reformat the MICRO SD card using Panasonic Micro SD formatter, the link : http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

And then try adding all those backed-up files into the SD Card you had made as precaution prior to the incident. Maybe that would fix your problem.

4. ladybug

ladybug Member

I didn't end up using that link...but that's because you reminded me to right-click --> format the drive, and now my flashcard's all shiny new again! Thanks prectorian :)

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You're welcome, even though I didn't assist much. You'd figured out how to solve it by yourself. Its a good thing you'd took the liberty of always keeping back-ups. Cheers.