1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 issues NDS Please help

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by coeus2k, Jul 14, 2013.

1. coeus2k

coeus2k New Member

So having bought a R4 card for my daughters DS I seem to be having issues getting games to work.

The card I purchased is from Amazon and on it it says R4 SDHC then the following website r4isdhc com followed by the info 'Dual-Core and Smart update'.

After going to the website and clicking on 'R4-Product', I recognize the card as being the 2nd on the list which states its DS compatible. I then click on that and download the latest firmware which is (r4isdhc1.60).

Installed as you would onto a formatted 32gb MicroSD card and it seems to boot up to the menu and then I can see the DS games I have downloaded. All ok so far..

When I select the game it briefly says something about processing then both screens go white and thats how it stays for all the games I have tried.

I've tried the latest R4 Wood firmware and when I turn the unit on and select the DS card it goes to a Loading screen and stays there.. so I don't even get to see the game dir on that one.

Please help!

Cheers.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The 'white' or 'black' screen you see upon trying to load rom from main menu is due to anti-piracy protection or due to cart's firmware doesn't have necessary offsets to run it. Your cart isn't among those supported by WOOD R4, thus why didn't work. Better try YSMENU/TTMENU instead, it's also a secondary firmware like the WOOD R4. Find the topic in the Flashcart Section.

3. coeus2k

coeus2k New Member

Ok thanks for your help. Whats the point of my cart if its not going to work? Am I missing something lol

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

What you missed is trying to install YSMENU/TTMENU.