1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4 issue,

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Itzoliver, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itzoliver

Itzoliver Member

i dont know if this is the right section but im having a problem with my r4, everytime i turn on my ds it says loading which usually does for the r4 but then after loading it just goes black, it doesnt do anything but turn black, please help!

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Try removing and re-putting the MicroSD card back into your R4. Tell me how that goes. Also try and use a different MicroSD Card with the R4 Firmware to see if it works if you have one.

3. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

That happed to me once.... Coppy all your games and save files form your R4 and put it into your computer.... Then format your SD card and re-download the kernel from the website.... Put back your games and save files in the R4 and it should work again....

4. Itzoliver

Itzoliver Member

i tried that it doesnt work.

what is the website where i can download it? can you please give me a link of the file i have to download.

5. Renji217

try this....

http://www.r4li.com/download/r4_v1.24_kernel.html

6. Itzoliver

Itzoliver Member

so i downloaded that and now i have the same ones in my sd card should i delete the old one and put the new ones? and also i have something called "how to use cheats" and another called "eng_1.54" and i dont see those on the files i downloaded, so do i keep it or do i delete?

7. Renji217

Format your SD card and that should delete everything.... Then coppy the same files onto the SD card.... Delete all the other stuff.... The ones you dont need

8. Itzoliver

Itzoliver Member

ok so i formated it now when i drag the files thats all right? i can add the games i want.

9. Renji217

Try turning on the ds with the R4 first to see if the problem is gone....

10. Itzoliver

Itzoliver Member

now its just staying in the loading screen, i tried to remove it and then put it back in but it doesnt work.

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Did you extract the RAR file? If you have a 'english' folder on your MicroSD you haven't installed your firmware properly. Take the separate files and folders within the english folder out and have them on the root (base or first directory/place) of your MicroSD.

12. Itzoliver

Itzoliver Member

i got it to work thanks everyone!

13. Renji217

No problem....

14. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

ok i know i shouldent do this but RENJI217 "COPPY" IS SPELT "COPY"!!!!!

15. Renji217

Youll get use to my spelling sooner or later....

16. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.