1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kiza500, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiza500

Kiza500 New Member

Having downloaded some of your nds roms and putting them onto my R4, i found that on the menu screen, where i select the game i want to play all the games are there. HOwever, once a game is selected there is no other file to click on (this file usually starts the game) and therefore i can't play any games lol.) Pleasee help :) i haven't had this issue with games i've downloaded from other sites... :S

2. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

make sure you have 1.19 english format sd card and if that dont work format computer mine works great no problem

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, 1.19 is a poor unofficial firmware. If you have an original R4, make sure you have either 1.18 or ysmenu, if its a clone, make sure you have the appropriate firmware for it.

4. Yarukinasu

Yarukinasu Well-Known Member

I think Kiza is trying to say that he can't see the ROMs that he downloaded from here...??? If it is, did you extract the files from .rar???

5. zidane595

zidane595 New Member

i'm having a problem too. it keeps saying it cant find ds menu.dat. i'm new, so can anyone help me??

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need to download and put the latest firmware for you card for your flashcart.

www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds will have the latest.

7. zidane595

zidane595 New Member

yea, i tried there, but it's too confusing for me. :-X, and i probmaly shoulda mentioned it earlier, but i got mine from thedsdeals.com, just in case if its anything of importace.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It is saying it cannot find ds menu.dat, because it's not on your card.

Go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds
    Download the latest firmware version for your specific Flashcart (R4 Ultra, R4 III, R4, R4 new, what ever it is).
    Extract the files to a folder on your computer (WinZIP, WinRAR, what ever you want to use)
    They will probably be in a folder called "English"

Take the following files out of this folder:
    _system_
    moonshl
    _DS_MENU.DAT
    _DS_MSHL.NDS

Put these folders and files onto the Root of your MicroSD card (Root means in no folder, just on the card directly).

9. zidane595

zidane595 New Member

ok, got it. just hope this works
    Post Merge: [time]1245115071[/time]
    it does thanks a ton!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.