1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 is stuck on Loading screen

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DeanMcKnight, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeanMcKnight

DeanMcKnight New Member

this question has probably already been asked 100s of times but is there and way to fix it? It's the original R4 with the 1.18 official firmware. I'm using it on a DSLite. Not i know that this isn't a fake one because a friend gave it to me and i know for a fact that it works. And im using a 4GB SDHC card too.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I seams like the kernal version is not right for your card, That is always the case

If it is the orignal they sould be no resion for it not to work!

Its not a bad card are it will not work at all, Have you try formating it and staring from scratch?, Back all you games first

Edit: You say you are using a 4GB SDHC card, The R4 original can only take a 2GB microsd card that might be the problem!

3. DeanMcKnight

DeanMcKnight New Member

tried reformatting and two different kernels. should i use an older kernel version?

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

I would use a 2GB micro card.

I'm sure 2GB is the maximum size card you can use on a R4.

5. DeanMcKnight

DeanMcKnight New Member

oh, okay. thanks!

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

SDHC cards don't work on the R4. Unless you use one of the cheap knock-offs. Which you don't. Therefore, no SDHC's for you.

7. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to me once. The kernel isn't compatible with your card. This sometimes can happen so either wait for a new kernel, or find a older version that works on your card.

8. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

The same happened to me.Was on 1.18 from R4,changed to 1.23 and was stuck on loading screen.Wiped the card and tried again,no dice.Reloaded 1.18 and it loads up OK.At the bottom left of screen is v1.23 LOL

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

This issue generally occurs when you don't have the right type of firmware installed. There are countless clones/fakes out there. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.