1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 interface or M3 simply better

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tapwatah, Jul 31, 2007.

1. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

After I found out the R4 and M3 Simply were the exact same things except a different sticker, I got pretty mad. But I am asking about which interface is better. I know Simply's look is nice, but I was just wondering what you think.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its not the exact same thing; the R4 has a higher compatibility rate and I believe also has more frequent firmware updates

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

No R4 does not have a higher compatibility rate per se. What they do is update their firmware quicker when needed, and thus indirectly have a higher compatibility rate, but it's a bit misleading to say it's flat out better.

4. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

...But doesn't making updates faster make it better by definition?

5. Seph

Of course it does. Just like if you have two ROM sites with the exact same content the one you prefer to go to is the one where you can get proper help if needed.

Sure the products are similar, but if someday another firmware release is needed to fix compatibility issue then the M3 users are going to be crying while the R4 people will be gaming.

6. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

...Not to be problematic or anything, but there's kind of a contradiction here:

What you're actually trying to say here is that the R4 and M3 themselves are the same, but the more frequent updates makes the R4 a better choice.

Just to help clarify for others, since your posts are a bit confusing at first glance.

7. Seph

It's perfectly clear, in day-to-day situations you won't notice it, but if Nintendo at some points starts releasing a new protection or something the odds are that the R4 guys will have an update out more quickly than the M3 people.

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well, my friend was a M3 user, but he switch to R4 as soon as i show R4 to him...that is just how good R4 is..

9. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

What? You can download the R4 interface and use it on an M3 I believe. Or, your friend is rich.

Also, I noticed the R4 website seems like it was translated or written by someone who's second language was english, yet the M3 site is more clear on warranties and such.

10. Ter

Ter Active Member

There's a program out there that can patch R4 firmwares to run on M3 (I for one, am currently doing this) and viseversa so basically, firmware updates for either one first is kinda useless now :\ .

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wait...i think we are talking about the differ M3.. i just relise you are talking about Slot 1 M3...my bad....

12. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I have a M3, I'm fine with it and I have no intentions whatsoever to go out and purchase a R4.

13. mikenthar

mikenthar New Member

actually, a program has been created that makes R4 homebrew work on the M3 and vice versa, so it doesn't really matter