1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 i rts card not working please help

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by tony c, Oct 8, 2014.

1. tony c

tony c New Member

hello everyone im new here anyway I have 2 Nintendo 3dsxl for my kids ,I just purchased 2 r4 I cards with 2 microchips ,the vendor send me an e mail to what to do with the cards before use them here the e mail

1. First, downlaod the latest Wood Kernel 1.64 and the upgraded 3DS v6.2.0-12 patch into your computor from the official site: .r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm
    2. After download the wood kernel, extract it, just put the" --rpg " and "-DS-MENU.DAT" two files into your root directory of your SD card.
    3. For the upgrade patch, just put the " R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds" or "R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL_3DS.nds" one of them to the root directory of your SD card ,don't put both of them.
    4. Then you can download game files into the SD card, remember you can build folder to put game files but don't build folder to pur kernels and firmwares.
    5. Finally insert the SD card into the R4 card, work the r4 card on your 3DS console, it shoud can work well now

this was the e mail.....and I followed all steps once I inserted the card was working at first and there was an update available it ask me not to power off the device and started to update
    the notification was in red ,card check ok update completed ,after that once I inserted the card back it say an error as occurred press an old power button
    it does that with both 3 ds console ,also the version of both 3dsxl are 8.1.0-19u please help.....thank you.......... Tony

2. Senadbrkic

Senadbrkic Member

So what r4i card do you use? Usually the error message means you need to update your r4 card, then it may work.

3. tony c

tony c New Member

is the r4i rts 3ds gold card

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

That's because you had upgraded both 3DS consoles to it's latest firmware (at that time); in fact now the latest 3DS console firmware is at v.9.0.0. Understandably since this seems to be your first time owning those handheld, the general rule of thumb should be, upgrade the flash cartridges first, console later. So that said, you blocked your carts from running on that latest 3DS firmware.

Try see if the cart's official websites got updates for it to run on v8.1.0 or whatever is higher than the version you had. Next step would be to seek someone with an older NDS console; NDS/NDSL/DSi or even a 3DS running below or equivalent to v.6.2.0. Upgrade your cart using that borrowed handheld console, if all goes well, you should be able to run it on your own 3DS device. If no upgrade is available from your cart's official site; either wait or buy another that can run above v.8.x.x. And just in case you're wondering, no, you can't downgrade your 3DS's firmware.