1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 HELP

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by ListerTheStupid, May 1, 2010.

1. Some games will not boot. Ex: WarioWare DiY, Just a black screen after boot. is there any way of making the title work? will I have to play around with files? if so what files and how do I get it to work.

2. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

It can work by using Wood R4
    Look here for more details
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

3. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

No Problem.
    Hopefully it turns out well.

4. didn't work :'( got a blue top screen and no text on bottom. goin to piss about with the files and see what I come up with

5. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Do you have the original R4?

6. DSlite m8, not sure what R4 it is. I got if for my son, I'm not good with all this computer stuff. it there anything on the R4 that will let me know what one it is? It's on frimware 1.18.

7. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

What is the size of the MicroSD Card?
    Does it says SD or SDHC on the card?
    Also what does the sticker on the R4 say?

8. 1GB SD card, (not SDHC) R4: Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) thats all the info on it.

9. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well try deleting your old firmware and putting the Wood R4 firmware on it.

10. did that m8 and its the same. I'll have a piss about with it see what I can do. thanx for the help anyway.

11. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Did you place _rpg directory and the _DS_MENU.DAT into the ROOT of your microSD card???

12. All files that were extracted were in the SD root menu.

13. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Then try the Wood R4 for clones
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=221023

14. I have the files ready to try but the boy has ran off with the DS and wont let me change it yet. I'll give that one ago in a bit. cheers.

15. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well if it doesn't work just try reading through http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0 and see if anything works.

16. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

17. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You know, we should at least explain to him WHY these things are happening, don't let him do things blindly.

The reasons for the black screens on newer games are because of Anti-Piracy. They can range from random freezing to the black screen of doom. They can cause inconvenience at first, but after a week or so, there would be a patch you can use to fix the Anti-Piracy. An Alternative is waiting for a firmware update your your card. But since your using an R4, The above mentioned Wood R4 works wonders.

18. lil_azn_a55a5in

lil_azn_a55a5in Well-Known Member

download wood r4, i dont know if your r4 is genuine or a clone but umm try both wood firmwares :D