1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by EntropicKitty, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

I got a new 8GB sd card for my R4 today, switched over from my old 1GB card and now it just sits on the "loading" page. before the game list even pops up. It loads the DS all the "Nintendo" and "warning blah blah blah" stuff then just goes ot a black screen with the word "loading" across it in white letters... I tried waiting for it to load on it's own but it doesn't, I left it for half an hour and still nothing..
    What's going on?

EDIT: I'm only using 1.58GB on the SD card.

EDIT 2: http://www.r4-ds-card.com/shop/r4/r4-card-for-ds-plus-8gb-micro-sd-memory-card-/12312 this is pretty much exactly what I have... But it just won't go past the loading screen!!

2. mlwy45

mlwy45 Member

In the instructions it tells you that 2gb is ample to play with the r4 4gb is pushing it, and 8gb will be completely unstable.

3. EntropicKitty

Lame... why are they selling them in bundles if it doesn't work?

4. peppero01

peppero01 Member

It says so pretty clearly that 2 GB is the maximum for a genuine R4. Anything beyond 2 GB is a Micro SDHC card (SD High Capacity) and will not work on a R4.

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

The link you gave says that they only sell genuine R4s, but the R4 they're selling is a clone.

Just make sure you have the right firmware. There are a lot of clones out there with nigh-identical names, and most of them have firmware that only works on that specific cart.

6. mlwy45

mlwy45 Member

i bought mine in a 2gb bundle, r4, cardreader 2gb card, mini-cd, and a holder for the games. (lost the holder...(-.-;) )

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Backup your files, and reformat your MicroSD and put the files back on.

8. EntropicKitty

Thanks I'll try that. =] I'm buying an r4i anyway so i can just wait until I get that I guess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.