1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4 help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by roberttaylor40, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi can anyone help please ,i have bought a r4 card,i have downloaded games onto micro sd card,when i put it in r4 card,and put it in ds,all i get is a red box with menu on it.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1.Have you got the firmware for it?

2.Have you un compressed the game-needs an .nds file to play-you will need winrar or 7zip to un compress the game...

3.We need more info-next time-if this is all you know then you may need to do more downloading to get your r4 working :)

(My guess, from your post, well my basis is that is all you have/tried, refer to answers 1 and 2 for best results, if anything else happens please post back with the result)

3. i have used winrar to compress games,i think i need the firmware,were do i get that.

4. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Not compress,un-compress or you can say un-zip.You can get the latest firmware here.http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

5. when i looked on card,firmware is there,but it still comes up with red box with menu and question mark on it.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Make sure your files and folders are on the Root of your MicroSD.

By default, the zip file contains a folder called "English" that all the files and folders are in. You cannot put this folder on your card. You have to take the files and folders out of this folder and put them on your card.

It should look like this:
    X:\_system_
    X:\moonshl
    X:\_DS_MENU.DAT
    X:\_DS_MENU.NDS

(X is the drive letter of the card on your computer)

Also, make sure you have the correct type of microSD card. The original R4 does not support SDHC. So you cannot use 4GB or higher cards because these days they are all SDHC. You have to use 2GB and smaller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.