1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 help, PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Amelia Leeming, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amelia Leeming

Amelia Leeming Well-Known Member

Hi everybody it's me again, Amelia. I really want to get my R4 going, could someone please give me the address of the R4 firmware website? After I havedownloaded the firmware I will tell you my problems from there thanks!

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

3. Amelia Leeming

No will do

4. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

www.r4ds.cn

I think this is it.
    Next time, google. :)

5. Amelia Leeming

Where is common threads

6. meganova

I've put the link above.. ^^

7. Amelia Leeming

Thanks will download firmware
    Post Merge: [time]1250281206[/time]
    Downloaded latest firmware onto R4 andput it in the root of my card.I created a folder called Games in the firmware, do I now just download my games into that folder?
    Post Merge: [time]1250282554[/time]
    And do I also have to extract the file with WinRAR? Please answer me someone I need to get it sorted by tomorrow as I want to play on my nintendo as we have a 2 hour long car journey and are leaving at 11:00 a.m so please answer my problems!

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter where you have your .nds files. Yes you have to extract them so you do get the .nds file.

9. hamjambo

hamjambo Active Member

Can you use a typical R4 firmware with a r4 clone?

10. Amelia Leeming

Thanks I will try that and tell you if it doesn't work so please keep checkingfor new posts.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I doubt it-some do and don't-what clone is it?

And hello again amelia-still having a hard time with your card I see.

(to any helper-I'm thinking of making another tutorial for acekard usage for beginers-anyone want to make dstt or r4 guides so beginers can set up without bugging us XD?)

12. hamjambo

hamjambo Active Member

I'm using an r4 ultra.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

www.r4ultra.com

Try that :)

14. hamjambo

hamjambo Active Member

lol Thanks but I already have something that works. I was just curious to try and get some wi-fi working. Thank you though. I'll try to be more specific next time.

15. Amelia Leeming

I am just about to go for a ride so will be back at about 9:45 a.m and will try downloading games at about 10:00 a.m, see you later, oh be by the way mds64 I could download games easily with www.nds-roms.com and it would work but now that's shut down anyway see everyone later!

16. meganova

JA NE!!
    :)

17. Amelia Leeming

I'm back I will now download a game into my games folder, does it matter whether I download the Xenophobia or the sUppLeX one?

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not really-but what the the icon in brackets?

(E) is an europian file, and (U) is american-shouldn't matter which in most cases...

Those names are the teams who dumped the game online-like who to give credit to :)

19. Amelia Leeming

Ok thanks, and you know I created a games file inside the English firmware file do I have to extract that with WinRAR

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

if it's in rar format then yes to play (if your talking about the ds download-which is in rar format)

Google winrar if you need to-the trial version can be used forever-if at the cost of putting up with an annoying "BUY ME NOW" everytime the program starts up...

Or use 7zip-works the same and is totally free-stick to winrar if your new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.