1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 + GBA flascart difficulty

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lapinova, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lapinova

lapinova New Member

Hi, all.

I purchased this GBA flashcart- http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25752- in hopes of getting retro games to run on the DS via the Slot 2.
    Unfortunately, the package came not with a USB cable like promised, but a parallel cable. It also came with no instructions, and the driver disc carries a virus. (Thankfully, my antivirus program caught it, but still. Not very useful.)

If I put the cart into Slot 2, the DS recognizes it as a game- looks like an RPG entirely in Japanese.

I have tried a few of the available uploader programs for loading GBA-roms from Slot1 to Slot2, but with no success so far. The famed GBAexploader is recognized by the DS, but doesn't "see" the cart in slot2, giving the error message "*SZcard not found"
    GBAldr didn't work on my r4 at all.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'd love to get this thing working so I can drag out some great retro stuff.

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

OK, I went to the Deal Extreme website and read the responses on the product page. This seems to be one of those flashcarts where a game that you want put on the cart needs to be plugged into a Nintendo SP or DS and the parallel cable that came with the device connected into the flash cart and to the DS or SP. From there you can flash one game at a time to the flash cart, however when you would like to play a new game you would need to manually flash the game over the previous game on the flash cart(only one game at a time). If you decide to go with a different flash cart I would highly recommend the EZFlash 3-in-1 Memory Expansion Pack for NDS Lite (sku 2967). This has a Passme directly installed on the flash cart so there is no need to manually flash a new game every time you want to play a new game. Both a friend and I use these with GREAT success (we both have an AK2i, but the R4 should work just as well). Best of luck,
    miros

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.