1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 GAME SCREEN BLACK OUT

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Pspgoify, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Pspgoify

Pspgoify Member

Hi my name is pspgoify and i have an r4 revolution for i.l.s and some games when i play them black out after the loading screen so some work and some black out any suggestions?

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

3. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

dam dam daaaaaaaaaaaaaam

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

What?

5. Pspgoify

Pspgoify Member

it was from romulation but some specific games have to be a little bit modified as in animal crossing wild world in the aceloader chip u need the akloader so is there something like that for other r4's?

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

7. Pspgoify

Pspgoify Member

my r4's firmware is moonshell the very newest one is it possible that if its too new it cant play some old games?? reply plz :) and thats all i know about it so dont comment read plz

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You are suppose to write whatever writing in on the sticker of your R4, and that's the rule, make sure to read the rule about posting for technical help as hinted by Xenirina else no one will bother to help you. If you don't write proper information about what your cart is, what firmware is being used, its official website, cart picture, color, when it was last updated, etc. How do you expect anyone to help you? There're over two dozen flash carts using the name beginning with 'R4', which R4 is your's? We ain't psychic, we can't help you if you don't help yourself to explain to us in detail. By the way, moonshell is not your R4's firmware, its a homebrew program. If you are not sure what you have, write everything in a post, including whatever folder and files inside the SD Micro. That way it save time for both parties and not have to play "GUESS MY CART" variety quiz show that could stretch over several pages of unnecessary posts.

9. Pspgoify

Pspgoify Member

i told you the cover says r4 with a dot on top of the 4 and under it it says revolution for i.l.s and it was updated around 2 weeks ago and it runs moonshell v 1.51 ty -.-

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

moonshell isn't the firmware, it's a homebrew media player.

11. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

That dot isn't a dot. Look closer, it could be an 'i' meaning that your cart is an R4i.
    Again, moonshell as Loony and I said, its a homebrew program not firmware/kernel.
    Anyway to cut the debate short, why don't you try TTMENU/YSMENU from Retrogamefan : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0
    Download the Muticart Update from Retrogamefan, unpack it, then you locate his folder package named 'R4_SDHC - R4i_SDHC'. Add the content into your SD Micro. Load the cart to your console, run YSMENU.nds or TTMENU.nds before loading the game you want to play. By the way, back up the entire content of your SD Micro before doing the above, cause its obvious you don't know what you are up against, so better safe then sorry, back it up before you do the above process.