1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 frozen up

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by thunderhog, Mar 18, 2010.

1. thunderhog

thunderhog New Member

ok, so i tried to re-set up moonshell after installing YSmenu (me being an idiot, i saw no point to it and i wanted to listen to my music with moonshell) and now no matter what i do, my R4 never seems to make it past the loading screen. can someone please help me?

2. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

Can you still plug it into your PC?

3. ChiefLikesCake

ChiefLikesCake New Member

I had this problem the other day took me forever to figure it out. What type of R4/clone do you have? Back up all your games on your computer then reformat your SD card. This will delete all the data on it (I tried deleting reinstalling firmwares multiple times and it didn't work).

Go to this link http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ and download the most recent firmware for your R4/clone. If you don't know what you have describe the card and packaging and any links appearing on it and I or someone else will be able to help you figure it out.

Then extract your firmware and recopy games folder. Its a pain but its the only way I could get mine to work again.

4. thunderhog

thunderhog New Member

sorry if im bringing this back up again, but my r4 still doesnt work. i downloaded the proper firmware...it just wont work for me...im seriously confused about this matter

5. khairaj08

khairaj08 Well-Known Member

Did u format ur card?

6. thunderhog

thunderhog New Member

yes i did format my sd card. right now its in FAT32 format. ive tried with regular FAT format as well...either way, it still wont manage to work...
    Post Merge: [time]1269209953[/time]
    ...so im assuming in just screwed, huh?

7. thunderhog

thunderhog New Member

...forget it...its never gonna work now...

8. khairaj08

khairaj08 Well-Known Member

Try putting the firmware you had before back on, maybe you didn't put the ysmenu on properly

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

YSMenu may not even work with this clone. Exactly which card do you have, a picture of any sort and information would really help to solve your issue.