1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 freezing/Pokemon Platinum problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bakto, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bakto

Bakto New Member

I didn't see this problem anywhere so I'll start a new topic.

I downloaded Pokemon Platinum and put it on my R4. The game booted up fine until I turned it off. Now when I start the R4 up, it freezes at the "Loading..." screen. (Can't even get to the menu). Also, it seems that all the folders in the system folder have been named in Chinese and Korean, turned undeletable, and are around 3gb to 5gb big. 0.o

My sister's R4 runs perfectly, but Platinum is NOT in her's. Help please?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0 Try running chkdsk (rightclick, Properties)

3. Bakto

Bakto New Member

I'm almost positive positive that it's corrupted now; it won't defragment or anything, and instead says it's corrupted. I tried running chkdsk, but it wouldn't work, instead giving me this message:

The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? <Y/N>

And then I get the End Program popup. I couldn't see anything else in your common issues thread that could help.

4. mangekyo

mangekyo Active Member

you have the same proplem like mine.what i do is that i make a back-up file.then i format my SD.after that my SD is alive and kicking back XD

5. Bakto

Bakto New Member

Format the SD? How? :3

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Right click, Format.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.