1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 freezes?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by The Alpha Gamer, Apr 29, 2010.

1. The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer Well-Known Member

Yesterday my mum tried to play on her DS, when she started her R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS, it scrolled down to the last game she played and as the icon was scrolling across the screen, it froze, i restarted it and tried again several times and it did it everytime, i tried going through media instead of games but when i tried to start a game it froze again. I deleted the last game she played from it and tried again, it scrolled down to moonshell and as the icon was scrolling across the screen, yet again it froze. How do I fix it?

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Format the microSD card. Then, if that doesn't work, trash your R4 and get a new card (AceKard 2.1!)

3. The Alpha Gamer

Just tried playing on mine and it now has the exact same problem, wtf? o_O

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Back up the card and format it. Should solve the issue.

5. The Alpha Gamer

Why is it happening on both cards though? Lately they've had different games on them so it can't be a game causing it, right?

6. LuckyTrouble77

As you are both using the same card, the same firmware, and have probably been using the same computer to load the games up, it wouldn't be surprising that the same issue would arise between both carts.

Try the back up and format and see if it fixes the issue. You won't know if you don't try.

7. The Alpha Gamer

Just formatted it and now when i try to start it i get a red pic of a card saying "Menu?". I had that before when the firmware wasn't on right. I just copied it to a folder and then pasted it back after the format, when i first got the card i think i had to put it on in a specific order. How do i put the firmware on right?

8. LuckyTrouble77

Make sure everything that has to do with the firmware is in the root of the card, except for the settings which should all be in their own folder.

9. The Alpha Gamer

Everything is on the card how it used to be

10. LuckyTrouble77

Did you try redownloading the firmware and putting it on again fresh?

11. The Alpha Gamer

The site for my card doesn't have the firmware for it anymore

12. LuckyTrouble77

I would highly suggest getting a new cart then. If you have a DS or DS lite, I suggest the Acekard 2i or CycloDS. If you have a DSi, Acekard 2i. shoptemp.com has a pretty fantastic price on Acekards right now.

13. The Alpha Gamer

Most shops(including that one) don't have a way to pay without giving them your credit/debit card details though. I don't give mine out and don't know anyone who would let me use theirs

14. LuckyTrouble77

Welcome to online shopping. You aren't given a card number for funsies, it serves multiple purposes.

15. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Go to www.linfoxdomain.com/ds and try to find the firmware for your flashcart (R4 Upgrade, you said?)

16. The Alpha Gamer

That worked thanks! and made it look nicer than before