1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 for DSI

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by julie s, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julie s

julie s Member

can anyone tell me does the normal r4 work on the new dsi's or do u have to buy somethin else,the kids want new dsi's for xmas and someone said the r4 doesnt work on them but then someone else said u have to download somethin onto the sd card????? any ideas thanx

2. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Nope, you need flashcarts with i on their brand names to work on NDSi... :)

By the way, it's not recommended for you to get R4i for the NDSi... It has a low compatibility with the new roms or so I heard...

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Nope.

You would need a card with "i" in it's name to work-it's the hardware that makes them incompatible.

The acekard 2.i is one of the best dsi cards you can get-I would not advise the r4 brands, too many fakes, clones, and the fact that they aren't up to date makes them not advisable.

They were once some of the best...but now official production of the real r4's have stopped.

Nothing can do that to a card-it's the hardware that determins if it's gonna work on a dsi, not simple software.

4. julie s

julie s Member

thanx for the replys one more question if i got an acekard 2.i would the micro sd cards that ive got in my r4 work on them or is it a different set up sorry to be a pain but ive two kids that are doin my head in and think ive got all the answers!!! thanx again julie

5. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Uhmmmm... the microSDcard would work but with Acekard 2.i firmware installed on it. When you get it, backup all the roms and saves, format the card, download and put the firmware on the card, then put back all the roms and saves. :)

6. m3romz

m3romz Well-Known Member

I got a Acecard 2i and that work fine. but my friends R4 (without "i") dont work on his DSi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.