1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4 fixing help, please?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by wulf1324, Feb 20, 2013.

1. wulf1324

wulf1324 New Member

so i im asking for a couple of things
    but first ill put what r4 i have

its says on it:
    R4i upgrade revolution for ds
    (NDSI/NDSL/NDS)
    www. NDSR4i .com
    and its black and silver.

ive looked up the website on it and it doesnt exist, and it doesnt load anymore ever since i tried changing something on it.

all i know is its running moonshell.
    im barely learning the basics of this stuff after i bought this from a guy on craigslist.

so my first question comes from when i plugged in the micro sd card into my computer, under the r4 file-skin file-default file i tried editting the picture called bgUp.bmp and when i placed it in, i replaced the old picture, ever since that, it stopped loading and locks up on a white screen with a loading circle in the bottom left hand corner. i am unable to get the picture back and its not online,

1) is this the problem to the card not working anymore? and if anyone has the picture can they send it to me?

2) my next question: where would i get an update for this r4i if i can update it and to which version?

3) i downloaded the fixed version of the pokemon black 2 rom but whenever i try starting it, it brings up an errorcode 4 (i think) and says i need to restart my system, (this was all before my r4 stopped working), is it because im on an older version of an r4 or do i not have the right patched version?

any help to these questions would be great, thanks. :)

2. koi-fanatic

koi-fanatic Member

Hi, backup your card to your pc then go to this link http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ and your card is the forth one from the bottom of the list. Click on the r4i upgrade next to the web link and a drop down menu will appear and you can download the zip file for your card. Its a 2009 file so not sure it will be able to play the new games but you might be able to get the card running again. It does say its a copy of the DSTT so it may run on that software so you could try this link.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

3. wulf1324

wulf1324 New Member

i got all the files for the upgrade but when i drag and drop them in, it replaced the old files, and even after that, it shows nothing is on the micro sd card, although it still says 1.98 GB are in use. and i dont know what to do. :/
    any suggestions or step by step instructions would be great for me. :) since im still new at this.
    and for future reference or if it clears anything up, im doing this on a mac IOS Lion 10.7.5

4. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Active Member

Firstly, and this may be too late, you should always back-up your MicroSD to your PC before you change any thing.
    Second, changing the skin image should not cause the card to stop working. At worst the image would be scrambled if you changed the colour depth or resolution.
    Third, before changing over files on your microSD, you should reformat the microSD with Panasonic MicroSD Formatter
    After formatting, place the correct firmware and your games and saves back on and give it a try. If it is still not working, you may have a bad MicroSD so it would be worth trying a new/different one.
    Good luck.