1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 'dual core' SDHC freezing pokemon games

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Aman27deep, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Aman27deep

Aman27deep New Member

Hello guys, have a weird problem here, hope you can help me solve it.

I have this card (www r4isdhc com/) - the dual core white one.

When I play Pokemon white/black and white2/black2 - the games get random white screens and random freezing issues. I've also faced freezing with other games such as Prof Layton.

Using on a nintendo 3ds, running 6.1. Tried more than 10 patched and non patched ROMs available.

I have no idea how to solve this problem, and as pokemon is my favourite gaming series, it is very irritating. Please help.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I should assume yours is the 2013 version?! If so, have you tried updating your flash cart to the latest version? (not your 3DS console!)
    If you had, then I suspect it's the quality of your SD Micro that's causing the issue, try;
    1. Back up SD Micro content, format SD Micro, return all backed up files to SD Micro
    2. Change to Class 10 SD Micro (preferably San Disk Brand)

You could also try to remove old save file, and limit use of AR codes; if after doing no.1 and no.2 still doesn't solve issue.

3. Aman27deep

Aman27deep New Member

Thank you for your reply. I'm not getting help from anywhere else.

Yes, pal. It's the 2013 one.

1. Did #1 - same problem.

2. The only > class 10 card i have is a 64 GB for my phone (sandisk ultra) and I don't think it'll work with the card.

This is a stupid flashcart. People should be warned against getting it.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Well, your flash cart is a clone, and probably not of very good quality. Your cart can run SDHC Micro Cards, but it's best not to use one too big a size. I don't think the Ultra Card would be compatible with flash carts. Since you'd tried doing no.1, then it's either try class 10 SDHC (non-ultra) or buy new cart such as R4i Gold or Supercard DsTwo. Especially since you'd tried patched and unpatched rom, which didn't solve your issue, there's not many options left to do.

5. Aman27deep

Aman27deep New Member

Thanks for your reply, pal.

I've decided to sell it off, and i'll just buy a 3DS XL and gateway 3ds now. Thank you for all your help. God bless you brother.