1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 dual core 2013 wont work on dsi v1.4.1

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by rorydub01, Sep 8, 2013.

1. rorydub01

rorydub01 New Member

Hello from Ireland, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I bought the dual core 2013, it wont show up in my dsi v1.4.1E. it works in my friends dsi v1.4.3 no problem. I have tried different versions of firmware, with no luck. any help would be much appreciated.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Strange how it works on your friends v.1.43, while not on your v.1.41. If it works on a higher version firmware, it should work on a lower version. Somehow I think either your DSi is actually v.1.45 or your cartridge slot is problematic. Which then could explain why your cart didn't work on yours. Trying different firmware version doesn't make sense and unnecessary, especially if your DSi is really v.1.41 while it works on v.1.43. Try your friend's flash cartridge/game cartridge on your DSi to see if it's your cart slot that is problematic.

3. rorydub01

rorydub01 New Member

I will try my mates card, thank you for your help. you could be right about the cartridge slot as i haven't tried another game in the console
    Post Merge: [time]1378651462[/time]
    thank you my friend, turns out i had a bent pin in the cartridge slot. all's well that ends well.

4. Prectorian

Good to know the issue been found and solved. When ejecting your cart from the slot, press it not pull. :)

5. unununun

unununun New Member

yeah, this must be caused by your dsi.
    You need check the slot of your console, it is probably the poor contact.

6. Alice2013

Alice2013 Member

7. Adam Du

Adam Du Member

Why i always hear the R4 dual-core card problems? it makes me doubt the performance of R4sdhc cards, i would rather choose one r4i gold 3ds

8. Prectorian

@ Alice2013 & unununun,

Before posting comments in a topic, do read thoroughly to find out if the problem mentioned by the OP had been solved or not.

Clearly in Reply #2 above (see quoted below) he mentioned it been solved and concurred that it was the slot-1's pin contact issue.

The R4i Gold 3DS had equally been brought up by members here asking similar troubleshooting solution. Most problems inquired are related to lack of know-how, very few related to the cart's quality. There are other carts inquired too, even SuperCard DSTWO issues been brought up, which had been hailed as one of the best. Would you then say that the DSTWO is bad cart just because of a few issues experienced by inexperience users? Don't generalize.