1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 DS SDHC Purple Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by 999blb, Apr 2, 2010.

1. 999blb

999blb Member

Hi everyone,
    I have a problem. You see, I was changing the firmware on my R4 DS SDHC and once I changed it, it changed all themes to a purple screen on the
    main screen, and a metal gothic screen on the games menu. When this screen is in effect, it won't let me use cheats (AR) or Wi-Fi. I hope anyone
    knows how to fix it because it's really annoying.

Thanks.

999blb

2. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Copy the stuff you want to your computer(not the firmware), Format the card, redownload the firmware and try again.

3. 999blb

999blb Member

When I did that before, BAM! Purple Screen Still! It also poped up with some weird Japanese and Korean characters on my Micro SD when I last formated it.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Use this program to format your MicroSD.
    http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

Also, where are you getting the firmware from?

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Press: SELECT

I had that problem before. Pressing that button solved it.
    EDIT: Oh, and don't forget to put the card in your DS first!

6. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Wait, try installing a different skin/enebling a different skin. It could be that.

7. yoshi2889

No it isn't. The R4 card didn't detect any skin (because of his firmware reset) and thus needs to be familair with the skins in the skins folder, when you press SELECT the R4 SDHC will look in the skins folder and pick any skin he finds, and save the data that is found.

^That's also why it takes so long to change skins.

8. 999blb

999blb Member

The "press select" way didn't work. It was still a purple screen

9. yoshi2889

Do you have 12 skins in the folder? 13 or above will not be recognized.

Also, rename the skins to skin_1, skin_2 skin_3 etc.

10. 999blb

999blb Member

In my R4, they're called themes. Should I rename them to theme01 or skin01?

11. yoshi2889

theme then.

Sorry, I do not have the themes folder before me.

12. 999blb

999blb Member

The themes are named theme01, theme02, and so on. I checked to be sure all the pictures are working, they are. I don't know what to do!

13. yoshi2889

Delete the example themes?
    theme01, theme02 and so on until you are by theme12.
    Then; Rename the theme you want to theme01.

14. BSNAllstar

BSNAllstar Well-Known Member

What firmware are you using? I had this problem as well but once I started using v1.34 it went away.

15. 999blb

999blb Member

I'm using v1.25

16. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

This issue only really occurs when the firmware you are using isn't compatible with your card. Make sure you are getting the 100% correct firmware, and not the firmware for say, the R4i SDHC. There could be some invisible left overs from your previous firmware, but if after a format that still isn't fixed, than I would just assume that the firmware isn't the correct one.

I was having a very similar issue when trying to give my R4 Wood (;)), but after formatting my original R4, it worked perfectly and has yet to mess up.

17. yoshi2889

The problem does also happen when you are switching from 1.34 to 1.32 or earlier (R4 SDHC), I noticed.

18. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

well in scenebeata i've read that there are some DS version that self update againts flashcards, and they gave a different range of screen colors i belive purple is the last update.

19. yoshi2889

... That is DSi... 1.4 has blocked an whole row of flashcards, like mine, but it doesn't give an purple screen...

Anyways, I have a patched kernel, and it has skin support, so maybe that will solve it...
    English
    Dutch

Good luck...

20. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

no, its the Ds, the article was out even before the Dsi, its an update fo srots by nintendo to prevent the use of AR and similar devices