1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4-DS flash card problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aad de Vries, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aad de Vries

Aad de Vries New Member

I have a R4-DS flashcard to play games on my DS-lite. Unfortunately, I can't play new games. I think that there should be new software for my R4-DS, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I could download it?

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

you will probably find, using the R4, the newer games you will not be able to play, due to the R4's not receiving updates, and the newer games anti-piracy issues

3. Aad de Vries

Aad de Vries New Member

Well, that's what I thought too. I was hoping that someone would know how tot solve this problem. A friend of mine, who uses another kind of flashkard, and he can play newer games, but the software of his flashcard doesn't work on mine.

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Try using YSMenu.
    Its an unofficial firmware that works quite well.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'd just get me a acekard 2.i :)

Much easier to use and never let me down.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

YSMenu works well i here. never got it to run the right way, but it works i here.

that's why i switched to AK 2i as well.

7. Aad de Vries

Aad de Vries New Member

Wait, so YSMenu should work, but there are people who have problems with it and The AceKard 2.i is another flashcard?

8. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Yes.
    YSMenu should work if its a real R4 and there's an already made one for download here already.

9. Aad de Vries

Aad de Vries New Member

Ok, I'll give it a try.
    Post Merge: [time]1260380802[/time]
    Mmm, it is hard to get it started, but I think that that is because I use Ubuntu in stead of Windows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.