1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 DS card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by uselessangel, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uselessangel

uselessangel Member

I get often the message that the save data could not be accessed, I heard I had to update it, but how can I do this? ???

2. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

#1 - You need to make sure you have firmware ver. 1.18. You can find it here.

If that doesn't help, or you already have the latest firmware, you need to patch the arm7.bin file.

It's addressed in the the thread called "Common Issues: MUST READ" in the top of this board. Just read the first section about DS Lazy and the later section about arm7 files.

3. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Or just get YSMenu.

4. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

Do you have an original R4 or an R4 HDSC? You gotta go to your card's website and download firmware there.

5. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

I don't like YSMenu. It looks like crap. I've never had a problem getting any game to work on my R4. Sure, it takes a couple tweaks here and there, but there's always an easy enough workaround. It takes two minutes to patch a ROM. I'm never so busy that I can't take a couple extra minutes out of my day to get a game to work. I'm willing to deal with it in order to have the superior functionality.

As such, I can't recommend YSMenu. As far as compatibility is concerned, it's only marginally better, anyway. I won't discourage others from running it, but I won't on my machine. I have a Cyclo, and if and when R4 dies, I'll just switch everything over. Right now, there's no need to bother.

6. uselessangel

uselessangel Member

thx ^-^ I got the new version 1.18 and now I have no more problems :D
    thank you ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.