1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 dragon quest 5 patch

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by touranDs, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touranDs

touranDs New Member

I'm having trouble finding the dragon quest 5 patch for my R4. The part i need the patch for is when you cant get out of the ship in the beginning of the game. Thanks in advance!
    Post Merge: [time]1250706552[/time]
    BUMP

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Download the latest cheats database from cheats.gbatemp.net

In there will be a "Game Fix" or "Save Fix" type cheat. Enable that when ever you play the game (always on, not just for the boat). This will bypass the anti-piracy feature of this game.

3. wdowell84

wdowell84 Member

I was recently trying to get this game to work, and obviously getting the boat error. I'm new to the rom scene and learning as I go, but anyways I can't seem to get the cheats to show up on the menu screen. I'm using r4 sdhc and have downloaded cheat.dat, and usrcheat.dat and placed both in the system folder on my sd card. I then tried only placing each one in the system folder and removing the other one, but I'm still having problems getting anything to show up. I'll try to look around some more, but it's getting frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Use usrcheat.dat in the 'system' folder. For issues on cheats not showing up, please read the Common Issues https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

5. wdowell84

wdowell84 Member

It worked!! The month long boat voyage has finally ended! Thanks for the help, I'm finally starting to get this stuff a little bit I think.

6. red_johnny

red_johnny Well-Known Member

if only i knew where to get the patch

7. cheesypopcorn

cheesypopcorn Active Member

Google

8. red_johnny

k
    DQ5 is the hand of heveanly bride right?

9. anandjones

10. red_johnny

k
    i cant find any patches for it though

11. anandjones

Read this thread? It contains a fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.