1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 doesn't play games over 100 megabytes!!! Big Problem!!!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by fighterfalcon32, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi. I have an r4i sdhc (without the upgrade) and I use it on my original ds. My problem is that it doesn't play games over 100 megabytes such as Mario And Luigi Bowsers Inside Story and Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars. Can anyone help me fix the problem?

2. Yep, I can.

Throw out that terrible card and get a decent one. Any variant of a clone card will always have these problems. Acekards and Edge are both good "cheap" cards.

Or, you can get a Cyclo and stop having 99% of the problems people have.

3. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Nope, you don't need to buy anything... Those two games have anti piracy on it... :)

For Mario and Luigi BIS, go here: https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=22731.0

And for GTA CW, go here: https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=14970.0

4. I tried getting the arm.7 and arm.9 files and it didn't work. What should I do?

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i had the same problems, but the r4 isn't compatible with most of the newer roms without patching.

you can use YSMenu, but some games still require patching i believe.

6. Yarukinasu

Yarukinasu Well-Known Member

You don't have to patch for GTA if you use YSMenu...

7. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Comments like this are always incredibly irritating! Doesn't it occur to you some people might not have the budget to simply buy a new card? And the op is asking how to get it working on their current card, not what card they should buy.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I changed it!!!!! so now you can just go and do what you want to do without getting irritated by my petty comments......

i'll try this then.......i hope it works for my friends!!

9. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

So why post your comment? Why advise people to do things you cannot? Why not just help the op with the issue, instead of making useless comments? Anyway, sorry I kinda hijacked the thread (making my own useless comments).

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

is there a way to get ysmenu to work on the r4 III? i never got it to work properly.

because i gave two of my friends some r4's that myself and my brother had, and i want them to work even better for them!!

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

EDIT Sorry

I down't have a R4III

But you could give them files a try anyway

R4 Firmware v1.18 + YSMenu updated 16/11/2009

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zuozkyetlnn

Just ysmenu.nds file and TTmenu folder only

Place in root of card and run ysmenu.nds and save it like a ds game on your DS, rename your games folder to "NDS Games" with caps

If they down't work just deleate ysmenu.nds and ttmenu folder

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

thanks!! i'll tell them to try it out!!

13. Jhon 591

Sorry but i thought the R4 III was your's?

However it will work on a original R4

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

it was......but i gave it to my friend. he's coming over today anyway so that i can hack his psp, but i'll try it out on the r4 while he's over!

thanks again!

15. Jhon 591

Thats ok hope its ok for you!, I bet you wish you nether gave it away... while ysmenu is keeping it alive?

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

yeah........i miss it at times. it was a good card too!

17. Jhon 591

Well let us know how it gose, one firmware come out to use for it ysmenu and people go nuts for it lol!

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'll add an edit to this and say what happens!!!

i tried a few times before i gave it away, but it never worked....i did it wrong though..... ;)

19. Jhon 591

With the R4 original, ysmenu just boot ysmenu.nds first and your game second

I unsure about R4 III , but thease files have been updated at 16/11/2009, if it was awhile agow you where using them from

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

it was a few months ago....5 months i think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.